Thursday, February 21, 2019

ST GEORGE/LAS VEGAS TRIP JANUARY 2019

January 19-21, 2019

I had to go to ST. GEORGE to pick up some bedroom furniture that I purchased at THE BOULEVARD. It's my niece's husbands family's furniture store. They have the nicest stuff in that store!  While we were going down there I was going to look at appliances for my new kitchen I'm getting. Well, while we were there I found a couch I'm going to get and my Mom ended up buying a new couch too! It was a fun day shopping and spending time with my niece, Erin.

While we were down there (My Aunt Joyce and cousin Jenny came too) we decided to spend a night in Vegas and to go to a VEGAS SHOW. So we stayed at THE RIO because that is where PENN AND TELLER has their MAGIC SHOW. When we got there we just had to go the VENETIAN so we could get the most delicious PASTRIES from CARLO'S BAKERY! We bought a bunch and then we went back to our suite and watched both of the FOOTBALL PLAYOFF GAMES...oh my gosh! They were so good! Both of them went into OVERTIME! We were all freaking out and I was so sad that the KANSAS CITY CHEIFS lost!  Afterwards we went to the RIO'S BUFFET. It was so great because it had ALL types of food.  Then, after dinner we went to see PENN AND TELLER'S MAGIC SHOW! I was excited but it didn't start til 9:00 pm! Geesh! That's late to start a show! Anyway, I was kind of disappointed in the show. I got tired of PENN'S talking so much and it was late and I was tired and I wouldn't pay to see that SHOW again! I did love that they included a lot of the audience in their act and that they told us how they do some of their TRICKS. That was kind of interesting.  Then we went back to our room and zonked out! Geez! Are we getting old or what??

Then the next day we drove home in a really bad snowstorm! But we sure had a FUN weekend. Loved being with these gals!

 We stopped at the RED BARN on the way down to get our ice cream. It's our TRADITION!
 I can't wait to take a real GONDOLA RIDE in ITALY next year!! This is at THE VENETIAN
 Mom wanted her pic taken with this guy. He makes the best statue!
 I love Buddy! But I love his bakery, CARLO'S BAKERY even more! So happy we could stop by again!
 We got out Salted Caramel Eclairs, our Canoli's and Lobster tails...delish!

 We went back to our room to eat our treats and watch FOOTBALL!
 I love my Momma!

Penn and Teller:

 Ha!Ha! See the lady yawning in the back? That's what I did a lot of during the show! I kept nodding off!

 Lots of audience participation in this show!

It snowed the whole way home!

What a fun weekend! I love these kind of little trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment