Monday, February 18, 2019

BOOK GROUP: THE GREAT ALONE!

January 10, 2019

It was my turn to host BOOK GROUP. I chose the book THE GREAT ALONE by Kristin Hannah. I loved that book. It was a crazy book of survival in Alaska for a family with a Dad who suffered from PTSD from Vietnam. I couldn't wait to discuss it with everyone!  Since it was set in freezing cold ALASKA and it was super cold here in January, I chose to serve SOUPS in bread bowls and I passed around BEAR CLAWS, and DEER POOP (Chocolate covered raisins), BEAR POOP (chocolate covered almonds), Gummy Sharks, Swedish Fish, Snow Caps and KLONDIKE BARS. I love to do things that go with a theme!

Everyone had a great night and we had a great DISCUSSION on the book and it was such an enjoyable night. I wish I would have taken a bunch of pics but I only took a few. This book was voted #1 book in 2018 on Goodreads, and #1 book for Book Groups. I was so happy that they loved it as much as I did. Kristin Hannah is becoming one of my favorite authors. She also wrote The Nightingale, Firefly Lane, Winters Garden, etc... all of her books are so different! I love that!

I held this Book Group at Barbara Noriega's since I switched her months at the last minute since she didn't have a book chosen yet. Thanks Barbara!



I wish I would have taken a photo once everyone was there darn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment