Sunday, February 24, 2019

DIGGING FOR GEMS!

January 2019

For Christmas I got the kids the activity where they put on GOGGLES, and the have some cool DIGGING TOOLS that will help them chip away at these blocks. Inside the blocks are several different GEMS and ARTIFACTS.  They were so excited to DIG IN and find those GEMS!

I thought it would take like 20 minutes and it would create a mess and they would be off to something else but I was wrong. It was a project! It took like a few hours. It kept them busy and they would get so excited a new GEM was found. Yes, it made a mess and they looked like they really were on an ARCHAEOLOGICAL DIG but they loved it!!

 I thought once we CHISELED into these blocks that they would fall apart. Not! They took quite a bit of POUNDING, DIGGING, CHISELING and WHISKING to get inside of it. So much fun!


 Briggs has to join in too! He loved wearing these cool GOGGLES!


Ashley sent me pics of her kiddo's DIGGING into theirs too. They had just as much fun and just as much MESS!


 

 Remi looks like he had a fun day DIGGIN' in the DIRT!


I love this photo that shows how DUSTY and DIRTY this fun project was. They absolutely loved it and I am so glad I bought this for them! (I hope Sadie's white shirt comes clean!)

No comments:

Post a Comment