Saturday, June 12, 2021

THE WINDSTORM THAT WREAKED HAVOC

 September 2020

We were warned that we would be having EAST WINDS again!!  All night long the WIND BLEW so hard I thought it was going to break my windows! When I first went outside I thought for sure my house would be ruined and my fence would be down but I was pleasantly surprised that the only thing ruined at my house was my new tree that sits on our corner. Half of it was blown down! I was so sad! I love that tree so much! I love how it is pink in the Spring and kind of a maroonish and green color in the Summer and Fall. A few hours later, most of my tree was gone! My neighbors didn't fare near as well as me. There were SO MANY TREES down, fences ruined, etc...We got it bad here but it was even worse in Rose Park where my Mom lives. All of the huge, old trees in her neighborhood were down. They had to close streets because the TREES were all over the road! Nan and Pops, Mikell's Grandparents lost a bunch of TREES and had to have the power people come out to get the tree off of the power lines! Scary!

Zach, Mikell and her family spent the day cutting up TREES and cleaning up the best they could. These pics just don't do justice to all of the mayhem this WINDSTORM caused in both neighborhoods.

At first, this is all that was missing from my tree but then the wind came and tore it all down. Look how all of the bark was blown away from our little island!

My neighbor across the street didn't fare too well.
Here is a better view.  Oh, and my fence as you can see was still standing thank goodness except the caps blew into my yard. So we just have to glue them back on.

I am so thankful this isn't my fence!







There 5 HUGE TREES down in this yard....so sad!
Isn't this awful how the cement was pulled up and the tree landed on this car!
Boston was a great helper picking up branches at Nan and Pops house

This WINDSTORM was a doozy and  my poor Mom was out of power for 4 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment