Wednesday, June 9, 2021

KENTUCKY DERBY PARTY

 September 2020

Usually the KENTUCKY DERBY is held in May, but because of the Pandemic, they postponed it to September. I could not wait to throw a PARTY! So I bought a bunch of DERBY HATS for me, Mom, Joyce and Jenny and I made all of the PARTY THEMED FOOD, and I DECORATED at Joyce's and we had a super fun time, made our BETS, and watched the RACE FOR THE ROSES! I worked hard to make this a fun party for a race that lasts like 2 minutes! But it was worth it and I was so happy that Jenny was able to participate with us. 









Here's the fun themed food I made:

Run for the Roses Horseshoe Cake
Cucumber and Tomato Appetizer
Chicken Sandwiches
Horseshoe Chicken Salad Sandwich...cutting this bread was a pain!


I dipped these cones in chocolate and added fruit and made a nummy fruit dip.
I made these horses out of Nutter Butter Cookies
My Mint Julep is really Sugar Free Chick Filet Lemonade...I just added fresh mint to make it look nice.



Before the Race, we put in our QUARTER BETS:







Diane WON most of the QUARTERS! Way to go!

This was a really fun PARTY and we loved the HORSE RACE. We will have to do this every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment