Sunday, June 13, 2021

BEEGEES TRIBUTE CONCERT

 October 16, 2020

I was SO EXCITED when I saw that the BEEGEE'S TRIBUTE CONCERT was going to be at Tuacahn. I just HAD to go! Everyone who knows me, knows my obsession with the BEEGEES. I loved them obsessively since 1978. I invited my Mom and sisters but Deb couldn't go. I took my friend Mary Sue to the real BEEGEES CONCERT back in 1998 and I knew she would want to go too. So she agreed to come and she invited my friend Debby Phillips, and she invited her mom, Mary Phillips and her sister Denise. So Mary, who lived in our neighborhood growing up, drove with me, Mom, Diane and MarySue. We met Debby in St George. Of course we stopped on the way down at the RED BARN per tradition. But this time there, I got some Apple Cider Donuts...they were warm and SO GOOD! We knew right then we would stop there on the way back to get more!

Me, MarySue, Mary, Shirley and Diane at the Red Barn

When we got to the hotel we got dropped off our bags and then went to eat dinner at a Mexican Restaurant before going to the concert. We were going to meet Debby and Denise at the concert.

Shirley and Mary
Me and Diane


BEEGEE TRIBUTE CONCERT:



We had to wear masks the whole time even though it was outside which I thought was dumb, but did it anyway.





Me and MarySue were so happy to be there! We sang every song and danced and it was a great time!

This group was amazing! This guy portraying Barry Gibb did a phenominal job! They sounded so good!



We had the best time and everyone loved this concert! I loved singing to all my favorite songs. I love the BeeGees so much!

The next day we had breakfast together and we got to visit with Matthew Phillips, Debby's brother who my mom loved so much when he was a little boy! MarySue's sister inlaw, who writes LDS Primary Music joined us too. Her name is Shauna Edwards and wrote some of our favorite songs like Miracle that me and Boston sang at our FHE. Anyway, we ate breakfast then said goodbye to Deb and Denise and MarySue. I loved seeing my friends and I am so happy they came to this fun concert. Me, my mom, Diane and Mary drove home but we made lots of stops on the way home. We saw the temple site for the new temple in Hurricane, we saw this temple in Cedar City, we stopped at the Creamery in Beaver and the Red Barn in Santaquin to buy more apple cider donuts! What a fun 24 hour trip we made!

My Mom and Matthew Phillips

My sweet childhood friends. I love when we get together. Seriously, we pick up right where we left off even if it's been a year or two since being together. I love these girls!

                                                                        Cedar City Temple

The CREAMERY in Beaver:

We grabbed some squeaky cheese to take home!

No comments:

Post a Comment