Sunday, June 13, 2021

REMINGTON... THIS COWBOY'S FIRST ROUND-UP!

 October 2021

Remington has been learning how to ride a HORSE all by himself. It only took him a few lessons from his Momma before he felt comfortable in the SADDLE. He learned quickly and before you know it, he was joining his Dad on his first CATTLE ROUND-UP! I was so nervous about it but extremely excited for him too. He has been telling us lately that he just really wants to be a REAL COWBOY! Well, today, he joined the ranks of REAL COWBOY as he rode JEWEL up the mountain and ROUNDED UP all of the COWS. He rode for 6 1/2 hours without one complaint. Lytton wasn't expecting him to ride that long but he just wanted to stay for the whole RIDE!

I was so happy when Ashley sent me the pictures that a lady had taken that was following behind Lytton and Remington. I was so grateful that she took those pictures of his first ROUND UP! They were beautiful and I know this sounds crazy but I got teary eyed looking at them feeling so grateful that my Remington got to experience this and this is part of his REAL LIFE as a REAL COWBOY. He will do this a few times each year cuz that's just what has to get done. I love the lessons he is learning from his Daddy and I love that they can enjoy doing this together. It just makes me so happy!

This is my favorite picture of the day. Remington following his Dad, Lytton. Lytt is riding Honey and Remi is riding Jewel.



I love this picture too! Isn't it the best? My 2 favorite COWBOYS!








Remington is learning how to take care of a horse before and after he rides. Here he is brushing her out!



No comments:

Post a Comment