Sunday, September 17, 2017

DAY 1:TRIP TO THE BRITISH ISLES...FLIGHT TO LONDON

August 24, 2017

We woke up early to begin the TRIP we have been planning for months! I couldn't believe we were really going! My Dad picked me, Mom and Debbie up from my Mom's (We had slept over the night before) and took us to the AIRPORT. I always get a little nervous FLYING...just because I get so sick. But, I had my patch behind my ear and I knew I would be OK.

When we got to the AIRPORT and settled in, we brought out GIFTS we had for each other. Diane and Debbie gave us ours the night before. It was a bag full of fun stuff we could use such as:
A bottle of poopouri (always great to bring on a trip :), gum, word search, notebook, etc...just cute stuff we could use!

Jenny made us all cute little charm bracelets that we could add on to along the way but she started mine out with purple beads cuz that 's my favorite color and a silver shamrock that was so cute! Everyone loved their bracelets!!

Joyce made us the cutest pillow cases and of course our own specialized box of See's chocolates!

Me and Mom went in on CLADDAUGH RINGS for each person. The Claddaugh ring is an IRISH ring with a crown for (LOYALTY), two hands (FRIENDSHIP)and a heart (LOVE). Inside the ring is engraven, LOVE, FRIENDSHIP and LOYALTY.

Then it was time to board the PLANE. I was so anxious and excited! We were disappointed that we were scattered all over the plane and unable to sit next to each other. I got to sit by my Mom, Joyce and Jenny sat by each other and so did Diane and Debbie but not all of us together. I suppose it was best for everyone on the plane so we wouldn't talk too loud and well you know how we can get!

 Me and Mom
 Diane and Debbie
 Unfortunately the sun hit us right in the face and you can't see Jenny, Mom or Debbie very well. But here we are before we got on that plane!

Jenny and Me

 We kind of took a little nap flying to New York...I wasn't feeling so good. In fact by the time I got to New York, I decided I did not want to go on this big trip afterall. I was so motion sick! i had to have that cold air blowing on my face continually so I wouldn't throw up! My friend from Book Group told me to take this little motion sickness pill and I brought them just in case and once I got some lunch in me and took my pill I was good to go and this is what it looked like on our flight to London. I slept most of the way while Mom watched like 3 movies!

It's cool to see this pic now that we are home from our trip because all of the people in this photo were on our tour with us!

Once we landed in the HEATHROW, LONDON AIRPORT it took forever to go through their customs. I mean, they said they have never seen the lines so long and it took forever. But guess what? I finally got a STAMP IN MY PASSPORT!!!

Then we got with our big group of about 85 people and separated into buses and we were on the BLUE BUS and a way we went straight to STONEHENGE before going to our hotel or anything. I can't believe we are really here in ENGLAND!

No comments:

Post a Comment