Sunday, September 24, 2017

FLYING BACK TO THE USA..CRAZINESS AT THE AIRPORT!

September 7, 2017

We flew home from DUBLIN to NEW YORK and then on to UTAH. But what a crazy time we had at the AIRPORT. Before we got to the AIRPORT they were weighing our suitcases so we would know if we would have to make some adjustments. They told Mom hers was like 47 pounds so she would be fine. So Deb gave Mom some of her stuff to put in her suitcase. When we went to go CHECK IN Mom's suitcase was now too heavy! So we took Deb's stuff out and I had it in my hands as we were hurrying to go through SECURITY because we didn't have time to even put it in our CARRY ON'S. Jenny's SUITCASE was also too heavy so Joyce hurried and pulled out their IPad, and a make-up bag without even thinking about what she was grabbing.

Now I have to tell you a back-up story. Joyce for months told us she was only taking her CARRY ON SUITCASE because she didn't want to lug a big suitcase around. She was smart! Anyway this story is funny because of all the people, She was stopped at SECURITY because she didn't take out her IPad and she didn't take out all of the liquids. (She forgot she had put all of Jenny's liquids in her bag. Plus she had her liquids. Too much! So they pulled those 2 aside and it took a long time for them to go through everything so once we made it through SECURITY Joyce and Jenny said, "Just go without us and we will catch up!"

OK, now back to the other story. So I had Mom go before me to get through SECURITY. Well, I should have known, she had been gathering all the little shampoos, conditioners, and lotions from every hotel we stayed in for the past 2 weeks, plus she had all of her make up and liquids that she forgot to put in her check-in suitcase. So when they opened her suitcase she had 3 or 4 large bags full of LIQUIDS! The place was packed and we were in a rush so it was like crap! They told her she had too much and she needed all of it to fit in a quart size bag. So I had to hurry and grab her suitcase, go to a table and I just said, "We are throwing all of this away." Then we butted back in line and went through SECURITY.

We pretty much ran to stand in the long line at CUSTOMS. We were there for a long time and worried we might miss our plane it took so long. We kept looking back and we could not find Joyce and Jenny. We were getting really worried about them! I was praying they wouldn't miss the plane.

Finally, they caught up with us and got in line with us. Whew! That was crazy! We made it through CUSTOMS just fine and then went and got something to eat and sat waiting for our plane.

I was so happy to be going home. I was really not feeling good and I just wanted to get the rest I desperately needed.
 Goodbye IRELAND
Hello NEW YORK!

On the airplane I was coughing every few seconds and it was awful!  I was able to watch a movie for the first time in my life on a plane. Thank goodness for 2 different Motion Sickness measures I took. And then I slept for hours!

It is a LONG WAY from DUBLIN to UTAH. And I don't care if I ever fly again. I just don't like it!

My Dad picked us up from the AIRPORT and stayed the night at Mom's.

**Well an update...it's September 24, 2017 and I am still at My Mom's. I have been SO SICK! I have not been home for a solid month. 2 weeks on a trip coughing everyday plus 2 solid weeks of staying here sicker than a dog. I have BRONCHITIS, a DOUBLE EAR INFECTION and the WORST HEAD COLD I have ever had with CLOGGED EARS. I feel like I'm 10 feet under water!
 I am on antibiotics but so far it doesn't feel like they're doing as much, as fast as I was hoping. I am starting to feel a little better and I hope and pray I can go to work tomorrow. It also has been one month since I have been to work!    Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment