Sunday, September 17, 2017

MEAN MONSTER TRUCK SHOW AND A PETTING ZOO

August 2017

I was so excited when my friend gave me her tickets to the MONSTER TRUCK SHOW at the Davis County Fair. I couldn't wait to take Waylon on a SPECIAL DATE. Boston and Remington have already been to a Monster Truck Show so I was looking so forward to spending one on one time with Waylon. I thought he would love it afterall, he plays with the trucks with Boston and watches it on TV with us. He knows all the names of the BIG TRUCKS! I knew the TRUCKS at this little fair wouldn't be the big famous ones, but I thought Waylon would still love it.

He was excited to go and once we got there I had to buy him some ear muffs because they can get really loud!  I was shocked that they weren't holding it outside, but instead it was inside where they have the rodeo. I thought it was much too small. Anyway, we got his ear muffs and got his photo taken in front of the BIG TRUCK and then got all settled in waiting for it to start.

Once the MONSTER TRUCKS started their engines, he was shocked at how loud they were! At first he was excited, and soon I looked and said, "Isn't that cool, they way he jumped so high?"  He wasn't acting like he liked it very much. As time went on, I said, "Waylon, don't you like this?"  Big crocodile tears formed in his eyes and he blurted out, "I'M SCARED!"  I said it's really loud isn't it?  He said yes, I don't like it!  I asked him if he'd rather go to the petting zoo and he said YES!




 He was so excited for this Monster Truck Show to begin!!



Still super excited!
 And then this is what I saw:
I knew this was not a happy camper

So we left and got a big bag of COTTON CANDY and looked for the PETTING ZOO. When we got there I couldn't find a way to get in. I saw people coming out of a gate so I just went in, the out. I started walking in and an old guy said, hey, you can't come in here. We are closing. I said, Sir, please let us in just for 5 min. This was supposed to be a special date with my Grandson, and so far it's not turning out so great. We won't stay long, just let him pet a few animals. He said No, and I can't believe I did this, it's not like me....but I said, "Sir, I am going in. He is going to pet a few animals and we will leave."  And so I did.

We hurried in and he was so happy petting all the animals. He laughed and just had the best time ever! Then they announced to everyone it was closing, so we left. I felt bad disobeying that old man but to see the joy in Waylon's little face made it worth it!

We talked to the whole way home about each of those ANIMALS and he laughed and it turned out to be a great SPECIAL DATE! He now wants his own fat little baby PIG!

I love Waylon and I loved spending one on one time with him, even though Boston was super jealous. I need to spend more one on one time with each of my Grandkids. I love them so much!









Aww...man I love this little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment