Saturday, September 16, 2017

COZZA MARKET TODAY

July 2017

My Great Grandparents came from Italy and after working in the coal mines, they finally moved to Salt Lake City, Utah over by Liberty Park. They opened a Grocery Store called COZZA MARKET in the 1930's. It remained opened until my Great Uncle Nick retired in 1980's. I remember going there with my Grandma and always getting candy.

Well, there are new owners now and they turned it into AMOUR CAFE. So we got together and decided to give it a try. They have a very short menu with healthy food like Quinoa Salad. They make their own jams and it was a cute little place.

Here is the pic of us out front of Amour:
 Diane, Joyce, Suzanne and Shirley

This is my Great Grandparents standing in front of Cozza Market in the 1940's:
And this picture is of my Grandma and her siblings working in Cozza Market:


 These photos are ones I got off my Aunts phone so bear with me.

But how cool to go in there today and see the transformation this grocery store made. We got to meet the owners and they took us downstairs in the basement where my Great Grandpa used to make wine. I was so glad we got to see it all!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. It brings back a lot of memories. I worked there with Cory as a kid.

    ReplyDelete