Thursday, September 21, 2017

DAY 9: LOCH LOMOND, ST. ANDREW GOLF COURSE AND EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND!

September 1, 2017

We woke up early and I was excited for this day. There was some neat things we were going to see today. I was excited to end up in EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND!
So here is what I wrote for our Roll Call:
                                                   Good Morning Lads and Lassies, how ya doin' today?
                                                   We're headed to Edinburgh but will see a golf course along the way.
                                                   Me hopes that you're lucky and will have a swell time
                                                   Now it's time for me to sit down and end this rhyme!

We drove through GLASGOW, SCOTLAND. We saw some cool statues that Queen Victoria dedicated to her husband, whom she adored, King George.









I love these two sisters!

When we got back on the bus this is what I wrote for Roll Call:
                                                                    Glasgow, we saw it rather quick,
                                                                    Then back on the bus lickety, split!


Then on to LOCH LOMOND. It's the lake where maybe you can catch a glimpse of the famous LOCH NESS MONSTER, NESSY!

While driving to LOCH LOMOND our awesome bus driver, Dan, was telling us about it and then he sang the popular song "The Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond". He had a beautiful voice and it was a lot of fun!




This water was so clear and it wasn't as cold as I thought it would be. But I just had to get my feet in LOCH LOMOND!
 

Beautiful isn't it?
This is what I wrote when getting on the bus for Roll Call:
Life is good, life is grand
Especially when you get to put your feet
in Loch Lomond sand!

Then back on the bus we went and drove to ST. ANDREW'S GOLF COURSE. Oh my goodness that place is big, beautiful and it only has a 2 year waiting list to TEE OFF! It is the oldest GOLF COURSE in the world! I believe it was built in 1754. Wow! 

 Right behind the golf course is this beautiful Irish Sea and that is where I wanted to spend most of my time! I loved it!





I had to put my toes in the IRISH SEA!
 Then we walked over to the GOLF COURSE and we just had to stand on it!







Debbie and Joyce wanted to see the old MONESTARY and CATHEDRAL. It looked so cool. I took some neat photos of it from the bus but Joyce and Debbie walked up to it and it look really neat!






I really loved stopping here. It was so beautiful everywhere you looked!
Back on the bus this is what I wrote for ROLL CALL:

St. Andrew's golf course is second to none.
Playing a round here, would've been so much fun!

Then we drove on in to EDINBURGH and on the way our tour guide told us about the memorial tower of WILLIAM WALLACE, aka BRAVEHEART! and we saw the STIRLING CASTLE. WILLIAM WALLACE fought the battle in between where the memorial is and the castle. I kept thinking of Zach the entire time. That's his favorite show. I couldn't wait to show him the pics and tell him we saw the actual place it took place! This is so cool!!

 The people of Scotland, love WILLIAM WALLACE! This is STERLING CASTLE.
I loved seeing some of the Scottish Countryside: 
 I thought my Son-In-Law, Lytton would appreciate this photo since he is a farmer.
 We also saw some cool bridges on both sides of us while driving back. They were pretty cool!



This bridge is one taken going to St. Andrews but I wanted to include it cuz it was pretty.

Here are some of the views we saw driving to EDINBURGH. I'm telling you Scotland is beautiful!







 This is our view from the ROYAL MILE where we stayed. It's where all the action is in EDINBURGH and all the great shopping was done on this street!
 I'm so glad I saw A SCOTSMAN WEARING A KILT!

 I can't wait to go to that castle tomorrow!

When we got to our hotel we had free time and we went looking for dinner. Out of everywhere we ate in Europe, this was the worst! We decided on some Mexican food because the restaurant we wanted that had Scottish food was packed and they didn't have room for us. Well, our food was so spicy hot no one could really eat their meal. It was horrible!
 Fajitas that were too spicy!
 My enchiladas were probably the least spicy but I couldn't even eat my rice and beans they were so spicy!


 We shopped around a little bit tonight and it just made me excited for tomorrow. We will have a lot of free time after we see the Edinburgh Castle. I can't wait!

















                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment