Sunday, September 24, 2017

DAY 13: DUBLIN, IRELAND, TRINITY CHURCH, AND SHOPPING!

September 6, 2017

This morning we got on the bus ready to go to DUBLIN. Here is what I wrote for ROLL CALL:
                                                   We're on our way to Dublin, it's where we're going to go      
                                                   It's the last day of our trip, please tell me it's just not so!
                                                   We've had so much fun along our way.
                                                   We really wish we could have just ONE MORE DAY!

So we drove to DUBLIN, IRELAND. We picked up a city TOUR GUIDE and she drove around with us on the bus telling us some pretty cool stuff about DUBLIN. Afterwards we were dropped off at TRINITY COLLEGE to see THE BOOK OF KELLS and the coolest LIBRARY I have EVER seen! I LOVED IT! And then we SHOPPED, and SHOPPED and SHOPPED!

CITY TOUR:

 These statues represent the horrible POTATO FAMINE Ireland had in 1845-1852. So sad!

 Look at these cute little kids in their uniforms going to school! So cute!

The tour guide told us they call this statue THE FLOOZIE IN THE JACUZZI  LOL!



The we went to TRINITY COLLEGE to see THE BOOK OF KELLS. It's the 4 GOSPELS in illustration. They were really cool but we weren't allowed to take photos of them.

Here is the most incredible LIBRARY IN TRINITY COLLEGE:
 Look at all those old books row after row, and on two levels. I tried to soak it all in. It was incredible!









On our way home we say the Irish White House:

We ate dinner when we got back and this is how they served it to us, on cutting boards. Mine was SO GOOD!



 This was my BRISKET and SALAD. Super good!


 This was our last day on our BRITISH ISLES TRIP. FUN FOR LESS TOURS was FANTASTIC! I highly recommend them to everyone and I will be going on another trip with them in the future!

We saw and learned so much on this trip. I am grateful for the opportunity I had to go on this amazing trip. I love my TRAVELING COMPANIONS too!  But I am looking forward to putting my feet back on U.S. soil. There's just NO PLACE LIKE HOME!



No comments:

Post a Comment