Thursday, September 21, 2017

DAY 7: YORK, YORK MINSTRY, DINNER IN LEEDS

August 30, 2017

This was my favorite day of the whole trip! I absolutely love the medieval city of YORK, ENGLAND. It's the most preserved medieval city and it's a walled city and it's just fun! I love YORK!

This morning for Roll Call I said this:
                                                             We're going to YORK to see something new,
                                                             Group 5 is excited to be traveling with you!
 My oldest sister, Debbie and Me


 Diane, Mom, Suzanne and Debbie


 My cousin, Jenny, my Aunt Joyce, Mom and Me




When we first got into YORK we walked up to the area where the ST. MARY'S ABBEY used to be. It was a 7th century building. It looked so pretty.




 Did you know back in King Henry VIII's day, he used to chop off heads and put them on spikes where these statues are so people could see them? Gross!

This is YORK MINSTRY and it is the most beautiful building I have ever been in. I can't imagine the Sistine Chapel being more beautiful than this. I have a ton of pics of the inside but I can't put them all on and it just doesn't do it justice. Everything is so ornate. Every inch of it from the ceilings to the floor. It was so breathtakingly beautiful! The stained glass windows were amazing. I loved this building!!








 There were statues like this in all of the walls and so much to look out, it was crazy awesome!


 This was some of our group and my sisters looking at the chapel.

Then we left the Minstry and headed into the little town of YORK. We walked down THE SHAMBLES. That's what they call the narrow streets with all of the little shops and buildings.All the buildings are so close together but are exactly the same size wide and high and we walked on cobblestones and did a TON of shopping. It was SO MUCH FUN! There is lots of excitement and noise and people doing things to make money that is fun, and lots of chocolate shops, etc...I loved the atmosphere in this place!


 I don't know if you can get this video to play, I hope it works cuz it was awesome!
 This guy was so amazing! He played the violin by moving strings so his monkey puppet was actually playing the violin. He was playing Adele. It was so cool!

 Here's their market where you can buy fruits and vegetables.

 Had to get a photo of Debbie with the  Sweet Debbie's Shop!
We saw Jenny's Fish & Chips and had to put that in for Jenny!
I hope you can hear this video of the loud, fun times in the center of YORK. I loved it!
We got kind of turned around when trying to find our way back to the bus, but eventually we found it! 

Then we headed back to LEEDS to our hotel so we could have free time and grab dinner.

 This is right in front of our hotel.
 This is the view from our hotel window. There were little shops at the bottom and at the top left was the railway station for commuters to ride to work.
 Our group ready to walk and walk to find a good place to eat.

 We walked down this alley to get into town and at night it would be a little scary if you had to walk down by yourself.

 I am pretty sure we ate at this place although some in our party said, no, we didn't end up eating here.
 Wherever we ate, it was delicious!!
 I don't know what this was called but it looks good.
 I swear Joyce at Fish and Chips almost every night!
 And Jenny ate a Hamburger
 This was the best lasagna I had. It was with different cheeses I have never had before with wine noodles. It was so good!! It had bechamel sauce...whatever that is, I just know it was delish!
 Diane had nachos
 We added two more ladies to our group for dinner tonight. There names were Suzanne and Connie!

 Then we walked back down the alley to our hotel. It was all lit up like this which is kind of cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment