Thursday, September 21, 2017

DAY 8: PRESTON TEMPLE, LAKE WINDERMERE, GRASMERE, AND GLASGOW SCOTLAND!

August 31, 2017

When we got on the bus today I was happily surprised to find out we were going to stop and see the PRESTON, ENGLAND TEMPLE! I didn't know that was on our itinerary and I was so happy!
It was beautiful and I'm so glad we got to stop and see it.










Here is what I wrote for ROLL CALL:
                                                                The temple, Moroni and the beautiful grounds we did see,
                                                                They bring so much joy to you and to me.
                                                                Group 5 is all here and ready to go
                                                                To learn about Wordsworth, his words we don't know.

(We were going to go later on to learn about Wordsworth so I included that.)

Then we stopped somewhere else I wasn't expecting and we learned a few Church History stories I hadn't heard that were fascinating.

This next stop was at the most beautiful place called RIVER RIBBLE. It was where the first person in ENGLAND was baptized on July 30, 1837. Heber C. Kimball baptized George D. Watt. He was chosen first because he won the foot race down there.

 We walked down here to see this. Aren't these pics so beautiful. I loved this place!




I love this place. It was so pretty!

Then we got on the bus and drove to the LAKE DISTRICT. We were headed to take a BOAT RIDE on LAKE WINDERMERE!  This is what I wrote for ROLL CALL:
                                                             Group 5 is here! And we'er excited to
                                                             ride the boat at LAKE WINDERMERE!

LAKE WINDERMERE was beautiful! I could stay there for a long time! I love the water and the beautiful SAILBOATS!






Then the winds came:



 I love this picture so much. Aren't sailboats so pretty?
 I was thankful my Mom had an extra scarf to wrap around my head so my ears wouldn't get cold!


                                                       
We loved this little BOAT RIDE around LAKE WINDERMERE. What a beautiful place!

Back on the bus we went and this is what we said for ROLL CALL:
                                                We felt the fresh air, run through our hair,
                                                We saw the beautiful sailboats upright and afloat
                                                What a pleasant ride this cruise did provide!

We stopped in a little town called GRASMERE in the middle of the mountainous part of the LAKE DISTRICT in ENGLAND. We separated and some went on a little tour to learn about the poet, WORDSWORTH, and get some of their famous GINGERBREAD. Then some of us went to get some delicious  ICE CREAM! It was a cute little place but we didn't spend much time here.



 We found some real mistletoe on our walk around the little city.
 I thought this sign was funny!
 We saw some of this pretty country on the ride:


I loved when we sat at the back of the bus so I could stretch my leg out. I had to wear a brace the whole time because I tore my meniscus a few weeks before our trip.
The ENGLISH COUNTRYSIDE is so GREEN and so BEAUTIFUL. I love it!

We got back on the bus and said this for ROLL CALL:
The city of Grasmere is cozy and quaint it is true.
They're known for their ICE CREAM and GINGERBREAD too.
If we could stay longer, we would, wouldn't you?

Then we drove away from ENGLAND and on to SCOTLAND! I am so excited but I have to say how impressed I was with ENGLAND. I loved everything about ENGLAND! I was so surprised how clean it was. They don't have garbage cans around their cities I think because of bombs could be left in them, but it is so clean there! I didn't see one bit of litter. I also fell in love with all the cool buildings and I was in awe at how beautifully green it was. I LOVE ENGLAND!
We stopped for a very quick potty break at the ROYAL BOTANICAL GARDENS.
 We made another quick potty break and I wrote this when back on the bus:

After a long bus ride we stopped at GRETNA GREEN. We are in SCOTLAND!
 We got to stop and shop for a while before getting back on the bus!

 This place is famous for letting anyone, even under the age of 21 to come here and get married! Thousands of couples eloping could come here from London to get married on the spot in the Blacksmith's Shop!

When getting back on the bus I wrote this for ROLL CALL:
We are in Scotland, I can't believe it's real!
Group 5 Lassies are ready for a bunch of new thrills!
We saw this cool thing on our ride into SCOTLAND. 

We drove on and went straight to our hotel where they had dinner waiting for us! It was so delicious! 
 Our hotel.



 I fell in love with this LENTIL SOUP! Oh my goodness. Soooo good!
 Yes, you see right. There are 3 different types of potatoes on our plate!
A Chocolate Tart and Ice Cream for dessert.
What a fun day we had today!

No comments:

Post a Comment