Wednesday, September 20, 2017

DAY 5: WARWICK CASTLE, STRATFORD UPON AVON AND TRINITY CHURCH

August 28, 2017

We got to visit WARWICK CASTLE. That was fun! From the time we walked up to it and was met by a KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR and ending with a cool BIRD SHOW. I really liked it here.

WARWICK CASTLE was built in 1068. We got to take a tour inside and it was neat because they had wax people that looked so real. In fact, I was sure one of the guys was real and was trying to get him to blink or twitch or something. He never did, so I guess he was wax!
 






 Isn't this just so cool? I loved visiting these old castles! I would touch the walls and just marvel that they are like a thousand years old and I can't get over it!


 I loved how they have these gates that would come down to keep people out. When we were in the castle we could look out the window and see the moat. It was so fascinating to me.






 These were inside in one of the rooms and I loved this old pair of shoes!

 In every castle we went in the ceilings were always so ornate. Every room was different but super cool!


Here is what I said at Roll Call:
                                                  Warwick Castle was truly a delight.
                                                  The bird show was out of sight!
                                                  Group 5 is here all snug and tight!
                                                 

We drove to STRATFORD UPON AVON and visited the TRINITY CHURCH. This is where William Shakespeare is buried. We saw his grave and also his wife's grave, Anne Hathaway.

Oh my goodness this was a beautiful cathedral and I loved their old, old cemetery!




 We saw William Shakespeare's grave buried here inside this TRINITY CHURCH:






We hopped on the bus and this is what I wrote for Roll Call: 
Shakespeare was awesome, too bad he is dead.
Group 5 is here, ready to move ahead!


 This was Anne Hathaway's House (Shakespeare's wife):
 She lived in a thatched roof home but it has a chimney. I wonder how many houses caught on fire with this type of roof and a chimney?
 We only stopped her for like 15 minutes and then we were off for free time. We were going to take a boat ride through town.

Here is what I wrote for Roll Call:
                                                     We stopped to see Anne's house for minute or two,
                                                      Now Group 5 is ready to go...we have lots we want to do!

We had to walk into the center of town to get to our boats but I wanted to put these photos in to show you what I just LOVE about England! They have lots of homes and businesses with tons of flowers. It's so quaint and pretty!

 I loved seeing these bikes with baskets and flowers. They just make me happy!


Then we went on our little BOAT RIDE:


 I had to take these photos through the window of our boat.




 It was beautiful and so relaxing that I am not going to lie...I may have fallen asleep for a few minutes!

Then we walked through town and decided to try and Italian Restaurant. I think we stopped because of the picture of the dessert outside! Ha! Ha!

You bet we ended up getting one of these...we shared it though!
 They had this HOT CHILI spray. It burned my mouth! But Joyce and Jenny didn't think it was too bad.

 We ordered Arancini. They taste like little Italian Rice Cakes that are so good!

 Oh my! This was delicious!
 Jenny like her pizza too!

So far we have loved everywhere we've eaten! And I was so worried about it before I came on this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment