Sunday, October 11, 2015

TUACAHN TRIP

September 2015

We had a great time on our ANNUAL TUACAHN TRIP! The plays were my FAVORITES thus far. I'm telling you, they were FANTASTIC! We saw SISTER ACT (hysterical!), BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, and WHEN YOU WISH (Awesome!!). Oh I just loved them so much.
I got us tickets on the 2nd and 4th rows. They now call that Premier Seating and they come with a much appreciated padded seat and a bottle water. Awesome!

We ate at the BEST RESTAURANTS this year too! I have wanted to try something new and I was so happy that we did! (More about that coming up). Seriously though, you'll want to try these next time you're in St George!

Here is how are extended weekend went:

We stopped at the RED BARN...we don't break from tradition! It was so windy it broke my new SELFIE STICK! cuz it the wind just ripped it right out of my hand!
                                                   Debbie, Me, Diane and my Mom
                                                   Being blown away at the Red Barn
Joyce is so sweet. It's tradition that she brings us a box of See's Chocolates every time we go on a trip with her. She always gets our favorites! See why I hate breaking from TRADITIONS? We have some pretty awesome ones!


We got into our hotel and got dressed and ready for DINNER. We drove up to the restaurant and we fell inlove with the view so we got out to take pics and got totally blown away but had fun and laughed a lot during our photo shoot!
 Jenny was trying to set up the camera on top of the car to get a group pic but the wind blew it off. We did finally get a group shot from Jenny's camera but I cannot find it!
Look at the beautiful view from our photo op and from our restaurant!

We LOVED CLIFFSIDE RESTAURANT! It has the best view of the whole city and the beautiful
ST GEORGE TEMPLE in the background. They had scrumptous food too! I definitely recommend it!



 Another view. I was zooming from my seat. I should have gone over and taken a good pic from the window.
                                                        My sister Diane and my Mom
                     Here we are at the Cliffside Restaurant. Erin came and joined us later.
                                                              Me and my big sister Debbie
                                                          Check out this plate of goodness

 Another plate of goodness. I wish I would have taken a pic of mine but I think I got their famous burger with the best crispy onions on top. I think? Whatever it was it was delicious!
 Here we are on the 4th Row for the hilarious SISTER ACT. I laughed so hard during this play.
                                                                            Selfies!

Joyce was embarrassed when we got our pic with these hilarious guys from the play. Seriously these three made the play! Then after we took our pic, she got a pic of them by herself! Super funny!


The next day we got up and played in the POOL. No OLYMPICS this year! :(  After I showed them the video of them from last year they refused to do it. Well, that's breaking TRADITION! We will have to do it next year for sure. Instead we had a blast in the POOL with my underwater camera. We laughed so hard. The pics are definitely NOT FLATTERING! But we had FUN!

                                         Debbie and Mom and Joyce in the background
                                                                          Diane
                                                               Diane and Joyce
 This is why I love staying at Coral Hills. They have the best pool. See the little cement separating the two pools? That is our balance beam when we do Olympics! I also like the waterfall.
                                                     Debbie and Mom with Jenny in the background
                                                           Joyce under water! I love this camera!
 I really shouldn't post pics of me like this but I think it's too funny not to and I want to remember the fun we had!
 These pics totally crack me up! Our faces look so funny when we are holding our breaths! I love that Joyce and Jenny still have their sunglasses on!
                                    I didn't plug my nose in this one and I thought I'd drown!


                                                                   The girls in the hot tub!
                                                            And one with me in it!

Afterwards we got dressed and went to a movie. We saw the new Mission Impossible movie with Tom Cruise. It was really good. Then we went came back and got ready to go to dinner at the BEST RESTAURANT!  We made reservations to the ANASAZI STEAK HOUSE. It is so cool! They bring out your meat (I got Filet Mignon) and a HOT BRICK(600 degrees) to cook it on. It seriously takes like 2 to 5 min to cook your meat! Then we ordered FONDUE to dip veggies in and can you say DELISH!? Seriously, this is my favorite restaurant now. We had so much fun eating at this restaurant. This is going to have to be one we frequent often when we go there. It's a bit pricey but worth it to me!

ANASAZI STEAK HOUSE:




                                                                 My big chunk of filet mignon



                                                       Look at that cheesy fondue goodness!
                            Here I am cooking my filet mignon that totally melted in my mouth!

Then we went to see BEAUTY AND THE BEAST. They did a fantastic job with this play. I loved it!

 Again, the wind was blowing like crazy until the play started. Then it died way down!
                                               
 We always try to get a selfie or two while we are waiting for the play to begin!

                                                     I love this sweet Momma of mine!

                    We loved this show. It's always fun to have center seats on the 2nd row!

The next day we went SHOPPING at the OUTLETS. We bought lots of clothes for the grandkids. That's a TRADITION too! I was so happy I found them clothes to wear for our FALL photo shoot!
Then we went to the BOULEVARD for LUNCH and we got to see Erin, Tyler and the kids. Then we plopped down in all of the recliners by all of the TV's, had popcorn and watched the BYU GAME! It was the awesome one with the HAIL MARY!


 Great Grandma Shirley was in heaven holding Baby Blair! She calls her "CUPCAKE!"

                                 So glad that Tyler could leave for a minute to join us for lunch.
 My cute Channing. Can I tell you just how much I love this kid?! He is quite the talker and he has the cutest personality. I love you Channing! He kept giving me 100's of kisses. Love it!
                                    What? Another pic of me and mom...you betcha!
                                                            Joyce and Jenny
                                  Erin with the rest of her kiddos: Blair, Rylee and Jackson
                                  I was happy that Debbie could spend time with her grandkids
                                                                     Diane
                                     Jenny quieted this crying baby down. So super cute!
 It is so funny to watch Mom watch Football. She loves the game and her all time favorite is BYU. Notice she is in her blue and white.
 The other team must have scored or else she didn't like the call from the Ref!
                                         Choose a TV, any TV to watch the game!

 I'm glad Tyler's family owns this furniture store so we didn't get kicked out! We had a blast watching the game!
 Then we went home and grabbed a quick shake from ICEBERG...another TRADITION!



 I love this pic of Jackson and Erin and who is the crazy photo bomber in the background?! :)


Then we went to the last play WHILE YOU WISH. Super duper good!
 We tried so hard to get a selfie with the 4 of us but my arms couldn't reach and although it was blurry I had to put it in cuz we were laughing so hard!
Well this is barely better than the first one. My boobs look HUGE in this pic. I don't like it!
Joyce and Jenny were still up in the plaza when we took pics. Sorry!

This was a great trip! I am so blessed to have such a great family to share these fun FAMILY TRADiTIONS with! I love that we go to TUACAHN every year and have fun spending time with Joyce and Jenny, and that we get to visit with Erin and her cute family. Until next year Tuachan!



No comments:

Post a Comment