Thursday, October 1, 2015

BIG GRANDMA'S FUNERAL

August 29, 2015

Today was my GRANDMA, Aurina Johnina Cozza Hobbs', FUNERAL. She lived to be 101 years old! One thing I noticed about Grandma, is that she did not have any wrinkles! The only thing she hated, was her dark "Grandma Spots" and her arthritic fingers.  I tried to soak in everything about her. Things about her I never want to forget. She looked so beautiful and she looked like she had a little smile on her face. I loved that!

It was so nice to see so many of our RELATIVES from out of state, and FRIENDS come out to support us and say good-bye to Grandma. We had a one hour VIEWING and then we had a GRAVESIDE. My nephew, John Christensen, gave the family prayers, my cousin Brad conducted, Jared read the obituary, and I read her LIFE SKETCH. She lived a great life and one that she can be proud of. As I was reading it, I got a bit choked up reading about Uncle Johnny and Grandpa. I can only think of the happy reunion it must have been for her to see my Grandpa. He died in 1984, and that's a long time to be without your spouse! We can all hear him say, "What the Sam Hill took you so long Rena!" He was always saying that! My cousin Jeff dedicated the grave and then each Great-Great-Grandchild put a rose on her grave. It was a beautiful service and a wonderful day to celebrate her life.

 I am so proud that she was my GRANDMA. We will all miss her so much and her great personality. She was so sweet, with a stubborn side, and she was funny and witty and such a good sport to do anything we wanted her to do! I will always be fond of the memories we made on all of our trips together, and all of our family parties. She simply was the best! Love you Forever Grandma!

 Prepare for picture overload:


                              Grandma looked so pretty, like she had a little smile on her face.
                                        My Mom, Shirley saying goodbye to her mothe.r
 My family, whom I love dearly: Boston, Zach, Me, Ashley, Paisley, Lytton, Remington and in front, Mikell and a sleeping Waylon.
     Unfortunately, Ashley had to share her Birthday, with Grandma's funeral. Ashley is 25 today, and she is holding her little baby girl, Paisley, only 7 weeks old.         
                                                      Diane and her friend, Reed
 Jared and Big Grandma. Jared had a special relationship with Grandma stemmed from when he used to live with her years ago. She always loved Jared!
                             I love this little guy! Channing Wittwer has the cutest personality!
                 My niece, Erin Wittwer with her cute little baby girl Blair. Cute, cute, cute! They came up from St. George.
             Jared Romig (Phoenix), Laura and Jeff Romig (Chicago) and Erin (St Geoge)
 My Aunt Joyce was so shocked when these cute ladies walked in. They were friends of hers clear back from Elementary School!
                             I love these two cousins of mine. Jared and Jenny Romig. (Johnny Cozza in the background).
 My cousin, Jeff Romig (Chicago) with my niece, Stefanie Christensen (California).
 My sister, Debbie with her grand-daughter, Blair. My niece, Jessica in the background.
                                      Erin and Stef's boys: Dane, Jackson and McCord
 I was so shocked to see Mikell's Grandparents: Nan and Pops. They drove all the way to show support and that meant the world to me.
 Mikell's parents: Melanie and Neal came too. That was so aweome! I appreciated them being here!
                                     My nephew, Andy and his cute wife, Morgan
 I love Waylon and his little bow tie! Zach is my favorite son! He is such a good Daddy!
                                                       My Dad and Mona
                                           My niece, Stacy and her boyfriend.
                                               Jared, Zach ad Waylon
                                       Two wonderful daughters with their sweet Mother.
           My cousin, Kathy flew in from California. My Aunt Joyce from Phoenix.
                                      My cousin, Tonya and her daughter, Nicki.
                                                 Me with my sweet Zachary
 My cousin Brad from Chicago with Zach. It's been years and years since they have seen each other.
                                   My Dad, sister-in-law, Jan and my brother Scott.
                            My Sister Debbie with her cute family. I love them all so much!
 Zach and Mikell with Boston (he refuses to look at the camera!) and Waylon.
 My Mom and Sister, Diane with her son Andy, Morgan and brand new baby boy, Logan.
 I knew there had to be one silly face from Zach. This is what Boston looks like when he's not hiding from the camera.
 My mom with my cute nieces: Jessica, Erin and Stefanie. Love them all to pieces!
 Cousins, Ashley and Erin look at their beautiful Great-Grandma (with Paisley).
                      Jackson and Boston. Boston loves it when he can play with Jackson.
                        This is the only pic I got of Steven. He is trying to get away here!
                            Lytton, Brody, jeff Andy, Zach and Tyler act as Pall Bearers,
                                      This is me giving Grandma's Life Sketch
                                 Love my binky-lovin' Waylon!
                                   Sorry this is turned: Lytton and Remington
                                                         My mom and Joyce
 Zach and Lytton help Boston and Remington place a rose on Grandma's casket.
                              Ashley's turn to put a rose on the casket for Baby Paisley.
                           My cousins; Jenny Tracy and Laura, (Mikell in the background)
 My Grandma's dear friend, Larae. She is the one the referred the missionaries to her and ended up getting her baptized! Erin, Johnny, Dad, Mona, Pat Toone and Mary in the background.
                                                       Waylon and Mikell
                                                     Boston and Zach

 My cousins Cindy and Kathy. My sister-in-law Jan, Stacy and my brother Scott in the background.
                                                        My brother, Scott
                                                 My turn to put a rose on Grandma's casket
                                                   My sister, Debbie and Kathy
                                                       Mary, Rick and Erin
                                                       Tyler Wittwer and Blair
 Little cousins, Reece and Rylee sitting quietly waiting for the services to be done.
Aunt Joyce Romig and her children Jenny, Jeff, Jared and Brad and daughter-in-law, Laura.

                     Until we meet again, Grandma, I love you and will think of you often!

No comments:

Post a Comment