Sunday, April 2, 2017

MY 50TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION!

March 11, 2017

Ashley threw me a fabulous 50TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION! She went all out and I was surprised at how much she did to make this PARTY special for me. She made all of the decorations, the cake and she lined up special people to me, to talk about me and the memories we have made together. Zach made a video for me that I LOVE! I have watched it over and over. It was so fantastic to have so many friends, co-workers, High School friends, and family members come and support me on my special day!

Bill and the kids came in from Vegas so we CELEBRATED with them that night and the next day as well (more on that in another post).

Take a look at the hard work Ashley put in to this party:

                                                This was the invitation she made

These two are my favorites! I am so thankful for all they do for me! Zach and Ashley are great kids and I am one lucky Mom!

Ashley made this "50" (in the background) filled with pictures of  me and my life.

She made each of these tissue paper flowers. I have made tissue pom poms before but these flowers with the shredded paper in the middle to make them flowers were awesome! Purple is my favorite color so she did a Purple and Gold color theme.
                                     Mikell did a great job in arranging them on the back drop!
Ashley made this cake for me! This is the first cake she has ever decorated and she did an amazing job! I had wanted a Banana flavored cake and she delivered!

My favorite is COTTON CANDY so she made table FAVORS for everyone with PURPLE COTTON CANDY!
She had me sign 80 of these little packets of COTTON CANDY!

She made a table with some of of my FAVORITE THINGS: I love the beach and swimming, board games, Barry Gibb, the 49ers, my selfie stick, Jr. Mints, my Kindle, Coke Zero, lemons and limes and of course my Family Memory Books that I make each year. In the background she made a timeline of all the things that happened in each decade of my life.
 She decorated each table with Purple and Gold balloons held down by pictures of me for the centerpieces, she had bottle water wrapped with purple tulle, and gold bows wrapped around every other chair, and really pretty purple tablecloths. She had a paper and pen at each gold plate so that the guests could write down a memory of me because she is making me a MEMORY BOOK!

She had Jessica make this chalk board sign with all of the important things that happened the year I was born 1967. Notice the Bee Gee's 1st album cover on there and #1 hits that year was TO LOVE SOMEBODY  and HOLIDAY. I loved this! Did you know the first Superbowl was played the year I was born? So Cool!
 Ashley made me a chair with lots of balloons. I felt dumb sitting there during the whole program. It's awkward having everyone looking at you! Ha!Ha!

 I was shocked and scared when she announced that there would be people from my past speaking. These two, Andy and MarySue Floisand, are my High School Friends and they talked about my slight obsession with Gary Whipple, and how many nights we stayed up all night and into the morning talking on the phone. I don't know how we did it as young mothers with small kids, but we did on more than one occasion! It was so fun having them there!!

 Then my sweet friend, Brooke Wallwork (Tanner's Mom) spoke and she was super sweet. I love the things she said, even when she said we would stay in the parking lot talking till 2:00 am every time we had a YW meeting. I think there's a theme going on here...Do I talk too much??

Bill spoke and I was worried about what he would say but he kept it short and sweet and didn't tell on me too much!
 And then the sweetest thing happened: Bella asked if she could say a few things. She had written a little speech while she was sitting listening to everyone else. She said how much she loved me and how I was always there for her and that I was the nicest person she has ever met. It was so sweet I had to hold back tears and it made a few people in the audience cry. This was so tender!

 And then my Mom got up and spoke. She talked about how entertained I was as a child because of her working at the Salt Palace, Bonneville Raceways, Northwest Jr High, and the Rose Park Golf Course. It's true, I got to see every concert, hockey game, basketball game, circus, etc...every single thing that came to the Salt Palace. I saw every drag race, motorcycle race and had free golf every summer. I took every class at the night classes such as dance, gymnastics, fire baton and even belly dancing! I am one lucky girl!

 My cute little Paisley needed to come sit with me for a bit during all of the fun!
 My friend, Nancy, from work wrote the BEST POEM about me that was so funny and it perfectly described me. I was so happy that she did this for me!

Here are some of my guests:
Some of my family Jenny, Joyce, Stacy, Mom and Cindy Boggess Bascom. Anna in the background.
 Amber and Rd and their family. Looks like some of Kristen McKinnon's kids are in this pic too.
 Lori Schiess and Nancy Wilcox with Steven, the Leprachaun before the party got started!
 My YW friends and my visiting teacher partner, Kellie Pedersen. Mikells family is on the left side and some of my family is in the back.
                                             
 My family Jessica, Beau, Reece, Brody, Diane, Morgan, Andy, Logan and Debbie. My book group friend Lisa Thompson walking in the back.
                    Chase Chamberlain and Zach. Happy that he and Cyndi came to my party!
 Andy and MarySue Floisand. So, so good to see them after all of these years! In the back is my table with all the gifts people brought me.
 We ate cake and ice cream. Here's my Mom, Travis McKinnon, Joyce and Neal standing in line.
 When I first saw this pic I didn't even see that I was in it. Bill's 3 boys gave me a huge hug. I love them so much! In the background is Kristen's family and cute Samantha at the bottom of the pic.
                      Graham, Zander my Grandson, Boston and Mason. Cute boys, all of them!
                      Bill's two boys Graham and Mason. I love 'em like they were my own!
                                              Man! I love everyone in this room!
 Oh how I miss this funny lady! This is Nancy Wilcox. I worked with her at the County until she retired last June. I have the best memories with her. She is hysterical and we miss her like crazy!
 My sweet friend Cindy Boggess Bascom. We were friends from when I worked at the IRS and then hooked back up in 1998 to go back to college. It was her idea for us to go back to school and go through Radiology. It's all her fault! :)
 Me and my friend and old neighbor, Cyndi Chamberlain with my granddaughter, Sadie!
                                             Photobombing Bill with me and Cyndi and Sadie
 Love my sweet friends from my ward. Here's Brooke, Suzanne B., Leslie and Kris. Best ladies ever!
 Bill of course has to photo bomb tons of my pics! Here I am with Melanie Beckstead as we are cleaning up the party!
 So happy to have Mikell's amazing family come celebrate with me. We have lots of fun sharing our grandkids together and for all of the fun memories I have with them camping and fishing!
So happy I am friends with my ex-husband, Bill. I love him and his kids and even though at times it's crazy, I am grateful that he and the kids made the time to drive from Vegas to come celebrate with me!
 
Thank you to my wonderful kids for the fantastic party! I didn't get a pic of me with Mikell (she was busy taking all of the pics!) and Lytton ( he was busy taking care of kids!).  I am so grateful for my fun-filled life and for all of the beautiful people in it! I am so blessed!

There were many more in attendance that I didn't get pics of, many that dropped by to say Happy Birthday but couldn't stay and even more that couldn't make it but sent their Birthday Wishes. I am super blessed for every one of them!

                                                    I think 50 is NIFTY so far!!

No comments:

Post a Comment