Friday, April 21, 2017

CONFERENCE WEEKEND

April 1-2, 2017

I LOVE CONFERENCE WEEKEND! I really, really LOVE it. I LOVE being able to be surrounded by FAMILY listening to the wonderful words from our PROPHET and the APOSTLES and all of the great speakers that seem to say just what I needed to hear.

Every 6 months when CONFERENCE comes, I look forward to Ashley and Lytton and the kids coming down to stay and then having the GIRLS NIGHT with my Mom, sisters, nieces and the Grandkids! Lytton and Brody always go to the PRIESTHOOD SESSION together and Zach attends with Neal, and his brother-in-laws.

My favorite talks this CONFERENCE were from President Monson. Although he only spoke for a few minutes he just said we needed to read the Book of Mormon every day and I have got to start doing that again.  I loved the talk given by Yoon Hwan Choi  called Don't Look Around, Look Up!  https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2017/04/dont-look-around-look-up?lang=eng I always loved President Uchdorf's talks and this one was no exception.

 Check them all out here: https://www.lds.org/search?lang=eng&query=conference+talks+2017

Here are the pictures of my super fun CONFERENCE WEEKEND:

Oh wait! Hold on! I have first got to tell you the funniest APRIL FOOLS gag that Jessica pulled on all of us. I mean she got us GOOD!  So we all brought potluck stuff for Girls Night. Jessica asked us to try her homemade CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRIES. So we all took one and bit into it and then we felt the "squirt". Those weren't chocolate covered cherries! They were chocolate covered CHERRY TOMATOES!!  We all laughed and it was so funny! Good one Jess!
Things are not always what they appear! These were the chocolate covered cherry tomatoes! Great April Fools Gag Jessica pulled on us!

 Me with Ashley and Sadie. So happy they came down for the weekend!
 Grandma Shirley and SadieBug
 Paisley loves playing with all of the fun toys Steven brings to Grandma Shirley's house.
 Aunt Diane playing with all the kiddo's
 Paisley loved sitting on Brody's lap. She just gets comfortable with anyone and she loved Brody!
 Ashley and Sadie
 Debbie, Lytton and me...Love this goofball!
 Beau, Paisley, Reece and Remington watching Moana...could they sit any closer to the TV?

Sunday Morning:
                             Hello my Sadie Bug!
 Paisley listening to Conference...this didn't last long!
Goodmorning Sweeties!
Remington loved playing with Grandma Shirley. He loved the new toy Steven brought over. It was a Jack in the Box (well a pop goes the Snowman!)




No comments:

Post a Comment