Sunday, June 12, 2016

TAKING CARE OF MOLLY!

June 6-13, 2016

My Aunt Joyce and cousin, Jenny has moved from Phoenix to Utah! I am thrilled! I cannot wait to have fun with them on a regular basis! They bought a beautiful home in North Salt Lake on the top of the mountain with the most spectacular view! (More about that in a minute!) They bought a puppy named MOLLY. She is super cute and she is a Cockapoo!

Joyce and Jenny flew to Chicago for a wonderful week and weekend full of major milestones for their family. Dalyn flew home from serving a MISSION in Romania, Charlotte got BAPTIZED Saturday morning, Brad and Carrie and the girls got Sealed in the TEMPLE Saturday afternoon and Madison ran a race Saturday night. Sunday Dalyn would report on his MISSION. It's so awesome that they got to be back there for all of that! What an incredible week for them! Well, so they left and someone needed to watch MOLLY!

They asked me to stay in their new home and take care of MOLLY. I slept over Monday night and Joyce gave me all of the instructions. I was to wake up and take MOLLY for a walk to the park so she could POOP. Then when I was done getting ready for work, I would take her to the DOGGY DAYCARE for the day. She assured me she would be exhausted from playing so hard that she would be wiped out and I wouldn't have to do much with her but feed and love her and take her out for another walk or let her go Pee on the grass pad off their deck before she went to bed. Sounds easy right?

Well, I wake up Tuesday morning and this is what happened:

I get up and get showered and dressed and I got Molly out of her cage and we walked upstairs to go for our walk to the park so she could poop. Joyce and Jenny left the garage door open when they went to the airport at 4:00 am. I was getting the dog leash that they keep in the garage when Molly took off running out of the garage. I kept trying to call her back but she wouldn't hear of it! She took off running and I couldn't catch her! I kept PLEADING with her to COME BACK! She would look at me and away she'd RUN! I couldn't RUN very fast with my sandals on so I took them off. She started RUNNING fast towards me. I bent down to swoop her up but she was too fast for me! She grabbed one of my sandals and away she RAN again! Uphill! Now remember when I told you Joyce lives on the mountain up in NSL? Well all they have is HILLS! I did my best to run up those HILLS but I thought I was going to have a heart attack! I didn't want to chase her cuz I knew she'd just keep running but I was scared because people were leaving for work and I was afraid she'd get hit by a car or she'd run over the mountain!  To make a long story short...it took me 40 minutes to catch her! 40 minutes!!  She made me a half hour late for work! BAD MOLLY! I was so happy to drop her off at Doggy Daycare!

Joyce was right. She was exhausted after DOGGY DAYCARE but that night when I took her to go pee and then put her in her cage for bed, she thought I was going to play with her and she had me chasing her again and pleading with her to come to me. I was exhausted and it took me 20 minutes to get her and put her in her cage.

This taking care of MOLLY is hard! And I have a whole week of this! It makes me want to keep a leash on her 24/7 so she can't so easily run away from me!!

But then look at this face! She is adorable and I am happy to note that the rest of the week went pretty good!


My favorite part of this week at Joyce's house has been sitting out on her deck at night with the perfect temperature, and the most gorgeous view ever! My cell phone camera could not capture the beautiful colors and the real view. I kept feeling I was on a fancy vacation with a gorgeous view from a ritzy hotel. I could totally get used to it and if I was Joyce and Jenny I would sit out here every night and every early morning! I love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment