Sunday, June 12, 2016

RED DOOR SURPRISE!

June 8-9, 2016

My house has needed a FACELIFT for a long time! Since we pulled out all of our trees, and the house and yard has had WIND DAMAGE, I have been discouraged with the look of my house. It is so boring and ugly. I just don't know how to landscape it and we have made some changes with adding rocks, and little kidney bean shaped island for our new tree, but still it needs a lot of work. I will be getting a new ROOF, FENCE, LIGHTS, and SIDING this next week and I could not be more thrilled! I was disappointed that they found matching VINYL SIDING for my house because I wanted to go with a grey and white house! Oh well..I am still happy to get my siding put up.

Well, since I have been staying at Joyce's for the week, Mikell wanted to SURPRISE me when I came home with something I have wanted for 18 years! Her sweet Dad came over and painted my FRONT DOOR RED! and he didn't stop there! He painted my GARAGE DOOR RED too! And I love it! He painted my trim WHITE and my posts DARK BROWN. (They have needed paint for years!)  It is the POP I needed for my home! He added a greased bronze colored DOOR HANDLE and will install my new LIGHTS and DOORBELL when I get them.  I am so GRATEFUL for Neal and Mikell. I appreciate his willingness to help me and I felt bad that he did it in the heat this week. But this just made my day! Thank you so much Neal Beckstead, and Mikell for helping me so much!
See how funny my doorbell and lights look? Well I will be replacing them with the greased bronze ones very soon!


I will be putting a picture up of the final projects on this house when they are done but I am SO THRILLED over my RED DOORS!

No comments:

Post a Comment