Sunday, June 5, 2016

CATTLE DRIVE!

May 28, 2016

So I had the BEST WEEKEND! I had SO MUCH FUN! I got to see my first CATTLE DRIVE! I kept thinking, "How lucky am I?" A city girl got to experience this! I was so excited! I love to document everything in pictures of course and at first I was just in the truck with Ashley, so I opened up the sunroof and stood up to take lots of pics and video. I told Ashley I look like I should be on NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC! I just think it is so awesome to see these guys on HORSES chasing these COWS up a mountain. It's especially fun to see them use the LASSO! I moved up to the big truck with the LIVESTOCK trailer with Lytton and continued to take more pictures. Lynn, Lytton's Dad, has done this his entire life and I find it fascinating to watch him. I want his Grandkids to have cool pics and videos of their Grandpa in action. I might just have to follow Lynn around for a full day to capture a Day in the Life of a RANCHER. He works so hard everyday!

The best moment for me on this day was when Lynn rode up on his horse and asked Lytton if he could take Remington up on his horse and finish the CATTLE DRIVE with him. OK, you are gonna think I'm weird, but seriously, it almost made me cry! I was so happy to see little Remi on the HORSE experiencing this with his Grandpa! I love that Lynn wants to share this with Remi. I'm so thankful Remi has such a wonderful Grandpa!

I wish I could put videos on here so you could hear how noisy these cows are! Holy Smokes!

Enjoy the overload of pics. Some are blurry cuz the truck was moving or I was taking some through the dirty windshield. I don't care though. I still love them! I loved this whole experience! I can't wait to do it again!



I tried taking a selfie with me and Remi. He was so excited to see all the horses and cows!

 Lynn has ranched his whole life. This here is a real cowboy!

                                           I had to get a pic of Lynn with his dog!


                                                 I love watching them Lasso!

                                     Remington RIDING with Grandpa Bastian            
 
                                                   Look at all them thar COWBOYS!


 Lytton's older brother, Hans is an awesome roper! He is fun to watch!

This is my FAVORITE picture of the day. Look how you can see one proud Daddy in the rear view mirror looking up at his Father and Son. I love this!  Obviously I took this from within the truck.
Ashley and Paisley help drive the trucks on the Cattle Drive because Ashley is pregnant. You can bet Ashley will be on a horse as soon as she's not pregnant!


 The Big Onion is their destination. This is where they keep the cattle most of the summer.
 OK, this is just PRECIOUS! As soon as Lynn got off the horse he walked right over to give loves to Paisley. Oh! I tell you, he is a wonderful Grandpa!
 Remi got to run and explore the land once we reached The Big Onion. Of course he'd find the big puddle!

 This is Lytton's little niece. She'll be riding in the Cattle Drive in a few years!

After they got all of the cattle in, Christine had prepared a Sloppy Joe lunch for everyone and it was delish! What a super fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment