Sunday, June 26, 2016

HIKING TWIN LAKES

June 17, 2016

Zach and Mikell invited me to go on a little HIKE with them up Big Cottonwood Canyon. I said ok, if it is a kid friendly HIKE I'll do it. Well we drove to SILVER LAKE and we had all intentions to HIKE to Mary Lake but as we got HIKING we decided to go up to TWIN LAKES instead. Seriously, I know it's KID FRIENDLY because Boston made it up the whole way but I was DYING! It was UPHILL the WHOLE WAY! I was thinking ok, soon it's going to even out for a bit, but no! I finally saw a shaded area with a few big rocks to rest. Several other adults joined me when they thought they could go no further.  I shouldn't have eaten a cheddarwurst hot dog on the way up there. I felt like I was going to throw it up the whole time! I told Zach and Kell to go on ahead. Zach said it just continued to get steeper and I wouldn't have made it. It's ok because I saw beautiful views from where I was at. I loved the LAKES and you get to check it out here:

 This was at the beginning of our hike. All smiles here! How little I knew that we would be hiking to the freaking top of that mountain!
 At first it started out like this. A nice path and I thought this is going to be great!
 I would have done just fine had it stayed like this...but it did for about 15 minutes is all.
Then it started to go uphill and it was UPHILL THE WHOLE WAY! My aching lungs, butt, legs and feet! Dang! I shouldn't have eaten that hot dog first!
                                 I love making fun memories with these two kiddo's.

                                                 I love this pic of these two!
                                I love this family! So happy they love hiking together!
 Waylon got all tuckered out. I was so jealous that he was being carried on Zach's back!
 My first big rest. This is so beautiful! But I kept going...

 So this is where they ended up. The boys had fun playing around the water and throwing rocks. They had a picnic here too while I waited on my nice shady rock! Zach said i would have had to hike 15-20 minutes more but it was very steep.


                                                    I love family selfies!

 




 I was happy when I saw them coming down the trail. Look at the top right hand side of this pic. You see all the steep rocks up there. Yeah, that's how it was the whole way up!
                                            Coming back down to meet me!

I took this selfie of me above the lake while they kept hiking. Then 5 minutes after this guy came and threw up near me. He joined me by my rock. Soon there was 5 or 6 more people. I was glad I was on the big rock first! :)
Do you see how high up I was? That's ridiculous isn't it?
Then we found snow so Mikell made the boys a snowball.


Isn't this the cutest Pic of Waylon looking at his snowball? Then he took a big bite out of it! Yuck!
Then we started out descent down. Oh my aching knees!



What a fun day! Thanks for the fun memories! (and sore knees, butt and legs!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment