Sunday, June 4, 2017

ZACH'S UN-BIRTHDAY

May 2017

Zach is so funny! It really bothers him that we don't celebrate Jesus' Birthday in the Spring when we know that's when he was born, but instead go along with the rest of the world in celebrating his birthday in December. So Zach, said, my birthday is in September, but I'm going to CELEBRATE it in May this year. If Jesus can do it, so can I.  So, I said, "Fine, Zach. We will celebrate it in May."  I wanted to do something for him, like how I celebrate Jesus' birthday. My co-worker came up with the perfect idea. He knows I love ADVENT CALENDARS so he said you should make an advent calendar for Zach. That was a perfect idea!  

I made Zach an ADVENT CALENDAR and every day he pulled a tag out of the pocket and we did something that reminds me of Zach. He was so surprised when he saw and several times throughout the month he would thank me again and again. It was so much fun!

 I put random pics of Zach from all ages of his life on here. I did a semi-camo colored theme with the ribbons and paper. Cuz that is his favorite color afterall!
 Here are some close up of it:

Here are the things that I put on some of the tags that we got to do with Zach during his UNBIRTHDAY MONTH!

EAT AT TACO BELL...he loves that place!
GO FOR A HIKE
SLEEP IN A TENT
WEAR CAMO TODAY
BUILD A FIRE AND EAT S'MORES
CONSERVE WATER (He is a water conservationist!) so DON'T SHOWER TODAY (ha! ha!)
SHOOT GUNS
PLAY A GAME OF HORSE
LISTEN TO CHRIS LEDOUX ALL DAY
ETC...

Anyway, all month we did FUN ZACH STUFF!

Here are some pics of our MAKE A FIRE AND EAT S'MORES:

 The kids got into some jammie's right before we built that fire and made our S'mores. These boys were so happy that we get to do fun things each day to celebrate their Dad's Un-birthday!



 Mikell's gooey S'more. Baby Briggs' first bonfire!
 Chowing down on his S'more
  Waylon started dancing around and being so funny. He loved making S'mores
 Look at those faces! Seriously Zach, Waylon and Boston!!
This kid was hysterical! Too much sugar before bedtime??

Playing HORSE;
 Zach used to always bug me to play just one more game of HORSE when he was growing up and now that's what Boston does. Zach usually always wins but not this year! I won!!


 You're looking at the WINNER right here!
And this is Boston starting to freak out because not only did he miss his basket and was out, but he flipped out when I won his Dad. He thought Zach should win because it's his Birthday Celebration! We laughed so hard but Boston was really upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment