Monday, January 26, 2015

SHOCKING NEWS ON CHRISTMAS

December 25, 2014

After we opened GIFTS and ate breakfast, we got a call from Mom giving us horrible and shocking news. Morgan's mother, Sandy, who is only a year older than me, had passed away this morning unexpectedly. We were in total shock and we all just cried and hurt so much for Morgan and Andy. We just couldn't believe it! It put a whole different perspective on family and spending as much time together as we can. It made me remember that the most important gift we received this Christmas is the gift of our Savior and all he gives to us freely every day of our lives. I am so thankful for my knowledge of the Plan of Salvation and that I have a strong testimony of eternal families so that when tragedy occurs to us and our family, that it helps to really know we will see our loved ones again. I kept thinking of Morgan and Andy and Morgan's family and hurt so deeply that this unexpected event occurred on Christmas and then I thought that Sandy actually met Jesus on this celebrated day, Christmas morning. I hope that they won't end up hating Christmas every year because of the pain they felt today.

After getting ready we met the whole family at my Dad's house. We ate some more and Dad gave a beautiful blessing and he started crying when he asked a special blessing of comfort be given to Morgan and her family and we all just bawled.
I am so thankful for my family and that all of us have a testimony of Jesus Christ and that we try each day to live how he would want us to live so that one day we can all be together in our family with Him. I thought of the true meaning of Christmas all day long like I never have before and I am so thankful for Jesus Christ and the Atonement he made possible for all of us.

I hope Andy and Morgan know how much we love them and we pray constantly for them.



No comments:

Post a Comment