Wednesday, June 24, 2020

DOWNTON ABBEY MOVIE AND A SLC RIOT!

May 16, 2020

As many of you know, I am a HUGE DOWNTON ABBEY FAN! I honestly thought I would be one of the first in line to grab a ticket to the movie when it came out. I had been waiting for so long for it to come out. Then, life got busy and before you know it, I hadn't seen it and it was out of the theaters! I couldn't believe it! 

So, Joyce and Jenny called me and my mom and invited us to come to dinner at their house and we would FINALLY watch DOWNTON ABBEY! I couldn't wait! 

Joyce made a great dinner as usual and the best dessert! She is such a great cook! We watched the movie and it was pretty good. I have missed all of those characters! I miss that show every week!
Joyce made French Dip Sandwiches and homemade Mac'n Cheese....so delish!

Now let's talk about this...oh my goodness! These flaky layers were filled with a pudding and strawberries. To die for! Loved this so much!


Afterwards we flipped it over to the regular stations and couldn't believe that there was a pretty intense PROTEST that had gotten a little crazy right in downtown SLC! What??  I was shocked at the behavior I was watching. Police cars were being turned over and caught on fire and I was so worried when I found out that one of Ashley's best friends, Colton Freckleton, was down there in his riot gear (he is a policeman). I was so worried when they ordered an 8pm curfew on the city and when that time came, the crowd did not disperse. I was watching and waiting on pins and needles for a big fight to happen. Fortunately, it didn't progress to that. Sure, there were bottles thrown and a few skirmishes but all in all it ended up more peaceful than it began. 

They were protesting over Black Lives Matter and the murder of George Floyd by a police officer. The whole protesting thing, I totally get and I agree with everyone needing to be treated fairly and I agree with the murder charge on that police officer, but I do not agree with peaceful protests turning into violence and looting and starting fires. I just don't understand that. All the rioting going on around the nation and people starting local businesses on fire and them ransacking local businesses. That just does not make sense to me. It makes me angry! That just doesn't happen here in Utah. It doesn't. So I was shocked! I swear I don't know what this world is coming to. Everything just seems so crazy right now I can hardly wrap my head around it with the Corona Virus, the Earthquake, worries about family members, people wanting to dismantle the police department, riots and protests, it's just too much for me right now! I feel like everything is just out of control. Seriously, what is this world coming to? 

I took a pic of the SLC scene on the  television screen when we were at Joyce's. 
Yikes! It was crazy!







There were a few characters that I swear if it was my kids, they'd be drop-kicked into next week! I kept thinking, oh those poor parents watching their dumb kids behave so ridiculously! 

I know that through all of the chaos in this world I can feel peace if I focus on the Savior. I really love this photo and it just puts things into perspective for me and it helps me not stress out as much as I would if I tried to figure it all out on my own. I know things will be OK even though everything around me is so uncertain.


Well, tonight's movies were riveting! Thanks Joyce and Jenny for an exciting night out!






No comments:

Post a Comment