Monday, March 17, 2014

TIME OUT FOR WOMEN

February 2014

What a wonderful and spiritually uplifting weekend we had! Ashley and I attended both days of TIME OUT FOR WOMEN this month. It was so awesome! We had such a great time together. The first night we really loved hearing from HEIDI SWINTON. She wrote the biography of Thomas S. Monson. She was a fabulous speaker! She shared funny stories and stories that made me cry...I am such a big cry baby! And we heard the music from Elder Oak's daughter, JENNY OAKS BAKER. She played the violin like nobody's business, and she spoke too.  Then on Saturday we were really SPIRITUALLY FED. They had the best speakers and my favorites were CHRIS BELCHER. She is blind and she is HILARIOUS! And JOHN HILTON III. He was incredible. All of the speakers were awesome, seriously. And then we felt like we had attended a concert. JERICHO ROAD performed and they were so fun when they threw back and sang songs from the TEMPTATIONS,  MICHAEL JACKSON to the BACKSTREET BOYS and it was fun to see women from all ages get up and sing and dance to that. Ashley thought it was funny to watch women dance because you could see what era they grew up dancing in by how they danced. Both Ashley and I left feeling so happy and uplifted. I will always CHERISH this MEMORY I have with Ashley. We can't wait to go again next year. We took a few SELFIES so we would always remember this weekend.
When we got home, we all decided to go to TEPANYAKI for dinner. I cannot tell you how HAPPY it makes me when my FAMILY gets together and how BLESSED I feel to have them around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment