Sunday, March 23, 2014

BELLS PALSY

March 21, 2014

I came home from work totally EXHAUSTED on Thursday night. It was super busy because it was the last day to file for CANDIDACY for the upcoming election. When Zach came home he said, Mom, what's wrong with your face?  I said, "Nothing. What do you mean?"  He said, "the right side of your mouth is all droopy!"  I ran to look into the mirror and sure enough it was starting to DROOP! I thought, OH NO! I am going to get BELLS PALSY! It will look like I had a STROKE! I thought maybe because I am just extra tired. When I woke up in the morning it wasn't that bad. When I went to work the ladies said it was starting to DROOP again. I immediately went to the DOCTOR and he put me on PREDNIZONE and some other STEROID and he said hopefully because I came in within 24 hours of the first symptom, I hopefully will be ok but there are of course no guarantees. But he said I definitely had BELLS PALSY! The whole time I kept thinking how funny I was going to look in all the pictures with my new grandbaby when he arrives! Then I thought, MY GOSH! I get all the weird stuff! I am sick of it! Anyway, I feel BLESSED because this medicine has helped me and it has not progressed and has even gotten better. The bad thing is that it has given me INSOMNIA. I was exhausted and even took Nyquil for my cold, and it usually knocks me out. I stayed up till 3:00 on Friday and 4:00am on Saturday! 4:00 am!!!  I only got 3 hours sleep. This is not good! So I hope and PRAY that I can SLEEP tonight and that my DROOPINESS will not come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment