Sunday, September 18, 2011

BYU BLUE TREATS

I have been so excited about our family TAILGATING PARTY! I have wanted to try some new recipes. So all day I was baking and cooking. I knew Deb, Jess and Diane would bring...oh I hate to even mention the name on this post but...I knew they would bring UTE red treats! So I wanted to bring some BYU BLUE treats. I made rice krispy treats dipped in BLUE CHOCOLATE, I bought BLUE AND WHITE tortilla chips, and make CONQUESO DIP, and I made BLUEBERRY JELLO CUPS W/WHITE WHIPPED CREAM. I wanted to try some new APPETIZERS so I made JALAPENO POPPERS WITH BACON. They were so HOT but so tasty. I ate about 10 of them!  Then I made those little weenies you usually put in barbecue sauce but instead I wrapped bacon around them, sprinkled them with BROWN SUGAR, and drizzled MAPLE SYRUP on them and baked them. They were DELISH! But it ruined the shiny coating on my jello roll pan! :(   I also made a FOOTBALL CAKE and was so pleased with how it turned out since this was my first time making a cake like this! Here are pics of what I made...just wait till i post the actual TAILGATING pics in another post. We had SO MUCH FOOD! We didn't even put a dent in it. I'll post that later cuz I have to tell of the SURPRISE phone call we got in between this post and the actual BYU GAME VS UTAH GAME. So STAY TUNED!
 I cannot believe I made this! I used green food coloring on coconut to make the grass!




                                         These actually tasted WAY BETTER than they look!

No comments:

Post a Comment