Sunday, September 18, 2011

BLACK TIE AFFAIR

Every year Davis County holds a huge GALA to raise money for charity groups. It is a FANCY event. Guys in tuxes or nice suits, and women in EVENING GOWNS. It's usually $125 a plate and they have a silent auction there to raise even more money. This year my boss, Steve Rawlings invited our whole department to attend this GALA. He purchased 3 or 4 tables so we could all attend. We had so much fun dressing up! The only dress I had on hand was the dress I wore to Zach's wedding. It was long and it worked out just fine.  They had paparazzi there to take our pics as we walked down the RED CARPET. 
At first I was worried when I read what we were going to be eating. I thought, "Oh no! I won't be able to eat anything! Not even the salad! It all had SEAFOOD in it and I just cannot eat seafood!"  Well, they served such small portions and the seafood (shrimp and lobster) was easy enough to give away so what I could eat, was FABULOUS! I wish I would have taken a pic of the salad. It was teeny weency small on a thin slice of pear and a carrot peeling wrapped around the spinach leaf but the dressing was good and they put a shrimp on top of it. But I got pics of the main dinner and the TO DIE FOR DESSERT! The entertainment was the best! It is a guy that performs and sings and changes his appearance to look just like the singers. He was fantastic! He's performed in Vegas at the Legends Show. He was awesome! We all laughed so hard and it was just great! What a fun night I had! Here are my pics:
                       Notice Marilyn Monroe in the back? Oh yeah, all the stars were out tonight!

                                          The medallion steaks were so tender! Nummy!
                            Dessert was delish! What's the gold ball you ask?  Chocolate of course!   
       Inside was raspberry fluff and red velvet cake. Let me just tell you that I heard more than one person say they wanted to lick the plate!  It was that good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment