Sunday, November 6, 2016

HALLOWEEN AT WORK... COLONIAL STYLE

October 31, 2016

We always go all out at HALLOWEEN at WORK. This year we have been overwhelmed by our workload due to the PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION. So we thought we would do it really low-key this year and not DECORATE all that much. Well, we would still be in COSTUME to go with the theme. This year we did COLONIAL or 1776 since we were in a PRESIDENTIAL year. While we were talking about what decorations we had, Dawna said you know we have some stuff at home since Brad collects antiques. Oh my! That just made it all come together. It turned out pretty good for not going all out!

                                   Betsy Ross sewing her flag by her potbelly stove!
 I'm signing the Declaration of Independence. I suppose I'm John Hancock. I was going to be President Washington but couldn't get the costume I wanted.

                                            Dawna is a commoner but we let her sign it too.

This is our boss, Curtis. He was a traitor and was shooting at the Declaration. He was a Red Coat for sure!
                                                         Kristen, Lori and Dawna

Here are the DECORATIONS:
 I brought my rug from home, and bought these paper chandeliers. They were black but we sprayed them gold so it looked like black and gold...antiquish!

                                                       Dawna had this butter churn
 She had this bugle, and milk can. We put them on some old books from the County.
 She had this really old BIBLE that was super cool. I printed out all of the pics and bought frames to put them in.
 Can you believe she has a real spinning wheel? This was so fantastic!


 Brian bought these copies of the Declaration of Independence and I think Bill of Rights when he was in Washington DC.

 Brian brought this back from Washington DC too. We made a copy of the last line and had everyone who came in, sign there name to it. It was awesome!
                                          Gotta love George in this awesome frame!
                         

                                  Good thing I didn't let Zach take the rocking chair to the DI
 I was so happy when these three showed up. I had fun taking them trick or treating around to all the offices in the building. I love Kell's t-shirt with the Baby Captain America :)

This was so funny! We took a picture of LynnAnn as a mail in ballot! We put her next to the Declaration. I said this is perfect! Past to Present!

Thank you to all my family who came out to see us this year. Mom, Joyce, Steve, Zach, Kell and the kids and Jessica and her kiddo's. I really appreciate it. Wait til you see what we are doing next year. It will knock our socks off!

No comments:

Post a Comment