Saturday, January 4, 2014

GOODBYE 2013

December 30, 2013

GOODBYE 2013 and HELLO 2014! I pray with all my heart that 2014 is the BEST and that it brings HAPPINESS and GOOD HEALTH to all of my FAMILY and FRIENDS! Now with that said, and it really is SINCERE, let's take a look back at the HIGHLIGHTS and the LOWLIGHTS of 2013:

HIGHLIGHTS OF 2013 (Not in any particular order):

REMINGTON WAS BORN! He is such a cutie and I LOVE that he is part of our FAMILY. It's fun to see what great parents ASHLEY AND LYTTON are. I love staring at REMINGTON and I get so excited when he COOS and this BABY has the biggest SMILE! He truly MELTS MY HEART!

BOSTON WAS POTTY TRAINED. Mikell is SO AWESOME! She took 3 days to POTTY TRAIN Boston even before he turned 2. She was patient, and persistent and she got the job done! Way to go Boston!!

I CAUGHT MY FIRST FISH! Seriously, I had so much fun going to MIRROR LAKE and riding in the PONTOON BOATS. Zach and Mikell had to help me take the FISH off the HOOK because I was scared to touch the FISH but I ended up catching 11 of them! What a fun trip that was!

WATCHING THE WALKING DEAD with Ashley and Lytton every Sunday evening. Sometimes we would have to watch 2 EPISODES in one night if they couldn't make it down every week. But I looked forward to watching that with them!

ZACH AND LYTTON GETTING GOOD GRADES! I am proud of the GRADES these GUYS got. They both worked hard and it paid off. I know how hard it is to go to WORK, SCHOOL, fulfill CHURCH CALLINGS, be a HUSBAND and DADDY, and still pull off the GREAT GRADES. Way to go GUYS!

WATCHING DOWNTON ABBEY with my FRIENDS. I love this group of FRIENDS that get together to watch this MASTERPIECE THEATER SHOW. I love it and look forward to next week when a new episode begins. We don't actually watch in on Sundays but DVR it and watch it every TUES. AT 9:00 PM.

ALAN JACKSON CONCERT:  I loved going to see ALAN JACKSON with Ashley and Lytton. It's great to hear some good ole COUNTRY MUSIC. I just with Zach and Kell could have joined us!

FOUND OUT MIKELL IS EXPECTING!: I am so excited and I look forward to INCREASING MY POSTERITY!  I cannot wait to see what this 3rd GRANDSON is going to bring to our FAMILY!

ZACH HIKING KINGS PEAK WITH MASON: I am so glad Zach made it out ALIVE to tell of the MIRACULOUS EXPERIENCES he got to share with MASON up HIKING. I am so proud of what a wonderful EXAMPLE he is to his younger brother!

WATCHING BOSTON EVERY SATURDAY: I have thoroughly enjoyed watching Boston every Saturday while Zach and Mikell go to work. I know it's coming to a close because Mikell will be quitting soon. I will miss that one on one time with Boston. Luckily for me, living with him is a HIGHLIGHT for me EVERY DAY! I love listening to him. He talks so cute and I love teaching him lots of new songs. This kid brings me so much JOY!

FUN FAMILY PARTIES: I am always up for a PARTY and was so happy that we get to together often in our FAMILY. I LOVE MY FAMILY!

LOWLIGHTS OF 2013:

RAY PASSING AWAY. I miss Ray. I miss hearing him talk, and the funny way he would say things. I am so sad for my MOM and hate to see her missing him. It's funny how I could get through a week without really ever thinking of RAY, and now that he is gone, I think about him EVERY SINGLE DAY. I love how GENEROUS he was with me and I will miss his rants about POLITICS and his disgust in OBAMA. I will miss how excited he'd get over his HORSES and the HORSE RACES. I am so happy that he really LOVED MY MOM and that he made her HAPPY for almost 30 years!

MY FRIEND JUDY MOVED AWAY. It took me a long time to realize that JUDY really has moved out of state and she isn't coming home any time soon, although she really wants to . I miss going to the MOVIES and all the TALKING and LAUGHING we did. Most of all I just miss having someone to do something with every weekend, and if I was in a bind, I knew I could always call JUDY and she would help me with whatever project I was working on. COME HOME SOON JUDY!!

MY PIPES FROZE, MY FURNACE WENT OUT: All within a week of each other. Thank goodness the PIPES didn't break, and it was only my thermostat that was broken and it was fixed easily and free since it was under warranty (it wasn't even a full year old!)

MY BACK PAIN: My BULGING DISC sitting on my SCIATIC NERVE for several months was probably the worst thing that happened to me this year. I was in so much PAIN! Luckily, the CORTIZONE SHOTS helped me, and occasionally my back hurts and the bottom of my feet hurt, but if I am lucky I may be able to avoid SURGERY. Please pray that it won't come back again!!

Let's all RAISE OUR GLASSES and make a TOAST to the NEW YEAR! May it be the BEST YEAR yet!  BE SAFE, HAVE FUN, AND LIVE LIFE!




No comments:

Post a Comment