Sunday, February 16, 2020

TRIP TO CALIFORNIA AND MEXICO 1972

Summer 1972

We are taking a TRIP back in time to 1972. I was SO HAPPY when my Mom gave me these photos I had never seen before. We used to TRAVEL with my best friends family, The PIPPY'S. This was such a fun, memorable TRIP for me!

I LOVED staying at this hotel in Las Vegas with a big PINK ELELPHANT in the front of it. I am SO HAPPY my mom got a pic of us standing in front of it! 
Chris Pippy is sitting on Scott's knee, Me, Diane, Sharleen. Then Jerry Pippy and Steven standing in the back.  This is so precious to me!
I zoomed in on me and Scott. I remember this shirt and I loved it!!
 Then, I loved swimming at the hotel but I remember how excited I was to buy this yellow life jacket with a smiley face on it from Gibson's Store. Who remembers Gibsons? I loved that store!

 Steven and Bill Pippy on the slide. I loved staying at hotels that had a slide!!

When we went to California, I'm not sure where the adults and older kids went but I loved it when me, Shar and Chris got to stay at their Uncle Clip's house and SWIM, SWIM, SWIM. What a fun memory!

I loved this life jacket!

Then we drove to DISNEYLAND:
 My mom is in the back with Diane, Steven, Neta, and Bill Pippy, the the next row is Me, Chris, and Sharleen, then in front is Scott and Jerry.

 This is what the Matterhorn used to look like. Do you remember this SKY RIDE? They took it out but I remember loving this ride and My Dad would be so scared because he is afraid of heights.
 Here we are on Dumbo.

Then my favorite: WILD ANIMAL KINGDOM! We used to drive around and see all of the WILD ANIMALS. Walking around in front of us. You were supposed to keep your windows rolled up and I remember Steven rolling his down and feeding a cracker to an OSTRICH! His whole head was in our car!


Then to top off our trip we would drive to TIJUANA, MEXICO! We rented a UHAUL to bring back all of the stuff we bought over there. My parents were really into these naked statues and big colorful tissue like paper flowers, and I just remember buying a leather fringe purse, a ceramic piggy bank with beautiful colored flowers painted on it, pinatas and a marionette puppet. I just remember thinking this was so cool walking down the streets and seeing such cool things for sale that we talked down prices on.
 Steven, Scott, Jerry, Diane and then Mom, Neta (I love her pants!) and Bill Pippy.
You see that big shield? We had that on our dark paneling walls in our living room for years! LOL!

Those were the days! I loved how many fun memories these pictures brought back for me. I can't wait to scan them and send them to Sharleen!

No comments:

Post a Comment