Sunday, February 16, 2020

CALVING BARNS

February 9, 2020

After church and lunch, we drove down to the CALVING BARNS where Lytton has been working 24/7 to help deliver several hundred baby CALVES. It is so cold and I mean icy cold when that wind blows there, which it always does. I don't know how he works outside in that all day and night.

Inside the CALVING BARN it is heated but still, it is ROUGH!

Remington was so excited to show me everything. He sure loves to get the PITCHFORK and make new beds for the new CALVES to lay in.


 Paisley showed me the window from the heated room that you can look out of into the calving barns.
And this is what you see:



Lytton, Lynn and Ashley were doing some work in there when I snapped these photos.



 As I was petting this new CALF, I said, "Ew! It's all wet." Lytton said, "Oh, it's alright. It's just placenta or snot from the mother!"  EWWW!
 After a while Ashley moves the calves out into the pasture with all of the hundreds of others and their mothers. It was kind of hard getting those little fella's to move where you wanted them!
 Lytton tags them so he can keep track of them.
 Lovin' the RANCHERS LIFE!
 I just like to visit and take pics!

 Remington showing me where the special barn is for emergencies or sickies. It's the hospital barn. It's nice and warm in here for the cows.
Lovin' my COUNTRY BUMPKIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment