Monday, August 5, 2019

CORONADO ISLAND

July 27, 2019

Mom and I flew out to San Diego. We met Ashley and her family there for a week of fun!

We were going to meet at the BEACH on CORONADO ISLAND. We got there about 1.5 hours before Ashley did and we had NO SUNSCREEN because we couldn't put in our carry-on luggage. Well you should have seen me and my mom! It was hysterical. We knew we were getting fried from the California sun next to the BEACH. We had our SWIMMING SUITS on and with our clothes we had to cover our arms, legs and faces. I am sure we were quite the sight on the BEACH! But regardless of our efforts I got SO SUNBURNED! It still turned out to be a super fun day at the BEACH.

Ashley and her family found us pretty easily but the parking is so horrible there, especially on a Saturday, and it took Lytton 2 hours to find parking! He was missing out on all of the fun. At one point Ashley went up to the road to flag him down so he could have a turn at the BEACH and then she drive around to find parking. It was so awful! Finally, Lytton found a parking spot and was able to join us on the BEACH! It was really crowded today but we still loved it!

I love watching the videos of the kids running and squealing and jumping up and down as they ran into the cold OCEAN. Paisley couldn't wipe the smile off her face. She was in heaven! We had a wonderful time playing with them in the WAVES and in the SAND. We honestly could stay here all week and they would be as happy as a CLAM!

 Here's me and mom on our AIRPLANE flying into SAN DIEGO! This was the best flight I have ever been on. I didn't get sick one bit!

We ate breakfast at this yummy BAGEL SHOP called BRUEGGER'S BAGELS. Really good sandwiches here!























 I love these little BEACH BUMS!

Remi couldn't get enough of the waves. Ashley or I would take him out there and he would just laugh and he totally loved it!
 Sadie just loved playing in the sand.
 Kenzie loved feeling the sand in toes! She played for hours in the sand. Kelp would wash up and we had to keep her from eating it. She has a small piece in her hand in this photo!



 Ashley and Baby Kenzie!
 Remington found a treasure!
Sandy Toes and swollen legs and ankles that got really burned! You can't tell in this photo but they got crispy!
 This little one could not get enough of the BEACH. She was so sad, as was I, when we had to leave.
  Here is the Coronado Hotel where they film lots of movies.
I loved seeing the SAN DIEGO TEMPLE on our way to our hotel. It's just beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment