Monday, August 5, 2019

BOSTON'S BAPTISM

August 3, 2019

IT'S GREAT TO BE EIGHT! Especially when you're an 8 year old boy looking forward to being BAPTIZED!  I have been looking forward to this day for a long time. I am so proud of BOSTON for choosing to be BAPTIZED in the CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS.

He was so excited to go pick out his SCRIPTURES with me and is doing his best to CHOOSE THE RIGHT. He can't wait for this special day!

He asked me if I would give the talk on the HOLY GHOST on his BAPTISM DAY. I told him I would be honored to, although I was a little bit worried because I was leaving on a vacation for a week and getting back the night before his BAPTISM.

When we arrived at the STAKE CENTER for his BAPTISM, I looked at the program and it had my name as the one giving the talk on the HOLY GHOST as planned. However, the lady that was supposed to give the talk on BAPTISM said she had planned to give the HOLY GHOST talk. I about died! So she stood up and gave the HOLY GHOST talk and I quickly looked at Debbie and asked her to bring me the BAPTISM DRESS and I quickly thought of a BAPTISM TALK!

I was planning on telling Mikell's family about our SPECIAL BAPTISM DRESS that survived our house fire after the BAPTISM and before we ate our refreshments, so that's why Debbie had the DRESS! Well, it turned out that everyone got to hear that talk. I looked out at the audience and several people were crying. When I finished, the BISHOPS on the stand and the Stake Primary President came up to me and said that was so well done, thank you for stepping in and giving us that BAPTISM TALK. It was stressful but I am so thankful that I had the DRESS story to tell.

Then, Boston was the first out of 4 kids getting BAPTIZED. I loved watching him walk into the FONT and I tried not to cry as his Dad, Zach, BAPTIZED him. It was amazing! I loved watching my first GRANDSON take that very important step in his life and he came out of that water CLEAN, AND PURE!

Then we went into the Primary Room where his Dad CONFIRMED him a MEMBER OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS and said RECEIVE THE HOLY GHOST! I am so thankful that he will have this most precious gift our HEAVENLY FATHER could give us to help us get through this life. I hope Boston will always be WORTHY to have the HOLY GHOST as his close companion! I tried not to cry as I saw how many wonderful WORTHY men in his family could stand in that circle and participate in this PRIESTHOOD ORDINANCE. What a lucky boy to have such great EXAMPLES!

I hope I never forget how this day felt. I couldn't LOVE Boston and Zach more!







After his BAPTISM we went to our church for refreshments and we snapped these photos:
 
  Boston with his FAMILY!
 These great men stood in the CONFIRMATION CIRCLE. What a bunch of great men!

 I love these people more than life! Can you believe how big my family is getting?
 My side of the family
 Mikell's side of the family.
 All of Boston's cousins
 His Grandparents
 Ashley's family with the BAPTISM BOY!

 This boy makes this Grandma so happy! Man alive I am proud of him!
Boston's other Grandparents
 I knew I wouldn't have time to bake cookies because I was out of town so I took my cookie cutters to Dick's Bakery and they made these BAPTISM COOKIES for me. I think they turned out so cute!


 Opening his BAPTISM GIFTS
 Boston's Aunt Sam...we love this funny girl!
 Our family gathered at our church for cookies and brownies and it was so nice to have everyone come out and support Boston on his BIG DAY!

What a wonderful day! I hope I never forget!


No comments:

Post a Comment