Monday, August 5, 2019

SAN DIEGO ZOO

July 31, 2019

I won't sugar coat this day...we were HOT and TIRED and in need of some rest but we pushed on and we went to the SAN DIEGO ZOO. I had been here a few times before but I don't remember it being such a long walk between seeing ANIMALS. We got on a BUS that takes you  around and we were sitting on top so we could see really good. Well, it was so HOT and Ashley started getting really sick again...pretty sure she has HEAT STROKE! We were disappointed that we didn't get to see that many animals. We were worried about Ashley and all of us could use a break. We have been going hard for several days. So we saw a few ANIMALS and then decided to just go back to the hotel and rest.

I was so happy we did that. We had fun back at the hotel and it felt so good to be in air conditioning!
It was a good thing for Ashley to get several hours of sleep to gear up for the next day at the Wild Animal Safari.

I know most people would disagree with me but I like the HOGLE ZOO better than this humongous SAN DIEGO ZOO. I like that we can just walk right up to the animals and they aren't so far apart. Anyway...just my thoughts!













 I am still glad we came here but was a little disappointed. I think the heat is what ruined it for us. Maybe if we came back in the Spring!



No comments:

Post a Comment