Sunday, July 10, 2016

NANCY RETIRED!

June 30, 2016

Today was a sad day for me.My friend and co-worker, Nancy Wilcox,  RETIRED today. I am not one bit happy about it either. Seriously! She is hysterical and made me laugh every. single. day! You really never knew what was going to come out of her mouth but it would make you laugh no matter what. She was a very good supportive friend to me when I was going through my challenging time at work in January. It felt good to know I had her in my corner. She is the type of person that would say what was on her mind. I don't always dare to do that. It's nice to have a friend like that backing you up, I tell you! I love her so much and will miss her every day!

She didn't want a big RETIREMENT PARTY. She just wanted brownies and peanut butter bars in our back room for a few people that work in our building to come say their GOODBYES. Unknownst to her, her daughter, Laura was flying in from Florida two days later to throw a SURPRISE RETIREMENT PARTY for her. I will include pics of both PARTIES in this post.

I have been so blessed to work with the very best of people at DAVIS COUNTY. Honestly, I have loved them all so much. They are what makes going to work so much fun!

I will miss you NANCHETTA! More than words can say!

                                   Super sad she's leaving. I still can't wrap my head around it.
                                              Amanda, Heidi, LynnAnn and Nancy
 Nancy striking the pose. She is so excited to get to sleep in and I really am happy for her!
 Nancy with Linda Krantz, who retired, and I took her place.
 Nancy with Darla, who retired, who I miss terribly. She was a hoot!
                                                Nancy with Linda Mae, who retired.
 Nancy with my old boss, Pat who retired. with her husband, Sid.

Geesh! All these people plus 4 or 5 more retired in the last few years and it has been so hard on our office! We miss these great people!


                                                           We took a group selfie.

 Nancy with Kristen who will be leaving us in November. Super sad about that!
                                                      Nancy and Dawna!
                                      Me and Nancy. I will be taking over Passports now.
                                   Nancy and Michelle. Michelle will be taking over Marriage Licenses.

                                               Brian gives Nancy a hug goodbye.
 This is at the Surprise Party for Nancy. Lesa is standing behind Dawna. She also retired! Geesh!

 We played games like Family Feud and Price is Right. It was scary being up there having to think fast on your feet!
 Nancy won on the Price is Right. She won a real Bahama Cruise that she will go on in two weeks with her daughter. It was so awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment