Sunday, June 19, 2011

TOOL BOX FULL OF CANDY!

While I was at my new FAVORITE store in Lehi, I also saw this cute TOOL BOX full of candy that had cute cardstock tools attached to candybars and on the front it had a cute note using tools in the words. I'll show you in the pic. Anyway, I told the ladies at work I was making me some for Bill and my Dad for Father's Day and they LOVED them! OK...GUESS HOW MANY WE ENDED UP MAKING? 24!!  24 stinkin' tool boxes. I had to drive to 4 stores to find the right kind of box that looks like a tool box...they're called GABLE BOXES in case you were wondering. I finally found some at EXPEDEX (another new FAVORITE store!!) clear out on 3300 South! and we cut all the colored copied tools on cardstock and then since we did so many of them we cut out over 200 tools and then cut them out again after we LAMINATED them! Fingers were sore, not going to lie, Lesa could hardly bend hers! Then we attached them all to CANDY BARS AND tied them up with JUTE. (Did I tell you JUTE is one of my FAVORITE thnings? That's another post!) They looked cute all lined up on the counter. I wish I would have gotten a pic of all of them! Oh yeah...at the store they came in a plain brown box. I found the red ones that looked more like a tool box and loved it way more!  Here are the pics and hopefully I got a close enough one of the cute note on the front of the box so it all makes sense!
                                                                    Finished Product
                                     Letter on front using tools as words...I love stuff like this!

                                                   Clip Art we printed off and Laminated
                                          Attach a tool to a box of candy and it's that simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment