Monday, June 6, 2011

Lil' Buckaroo Shower

I'm not gonna lie, I was STRESSED OUT! I had worked so hard on this shower that I wanted it to turn out perfectly as planned. One of the stressful things is that we had to decide where to have it cuz the clubhouse didn't have tables and chairs, and we finally decided to have it at the church house and it worked out perfectly there! Everyone chipped in and helped and it turned out great. Zach and Mikell got everything they needed and lots of cute, cute stuff. I was so THANKFUL for my family and for their help and for their willingness to travel so far for the baby shower. But we had a FUN weekend! And it turned out GREAT! Here are pics of the BABY BUCKAROO SHOWER and beware! I've included a TON of pics!

                                        Rice Krispy Bars, Red Velvet Cake Pops, Kettle Korn
   Centerpieces: Goodie Bags in a Burlap Bag include hand sanitizer, peanuts, tic tacs, paisley cherry mints

BBQ Baked Beans, Pulled Pork Sandwiches, and Potato Salad
                                 Deviled Eggs, Chips and Dill Dip, Tortillas and Con Queso Dip

                                             Corn on the Cob and Root Beer in the Red Bucket
 We ate on pie plates, and drank out of Mason Jars and had utensils wrapped in bandanas used as a napkins.






                                    Wrangler Jeans and Cowboy Onesies, Baby Buckaroo outfit


 On the back wall we hung with twine and clothes pins advice for mom that said: Advice for the new mom to avoid falling off the saddle!
                     Daddy basket for when he gets hungry at the hospital and a special Daddy/Son Book
                               More treats: "Boston" Baked Beans, Fudge, Licorice, and Peanuts

They loved opening all the fun gifts!



1 comment:

  1. Looks like a ton of fun!! You did such a cute job on everything, you're so creative. Mikell's bathroom story made me laugh and reminds me of using the men's restroom when I was pregnant with Hadley. John and I were in San Francisco. The girls line was way too long, so I ran for the men's (eye's covered of course!) :)
    I know you had a bunch of questions on how to do certain things on your blog. I'm not very good at the blog either. I think anything I'd try to explain wouldn't make since if I tried to write it down. So we should sit down together at your computer when I come in and see if I can help! We'll be there July 2nd!! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete