Monday, June 27, 2011

ARE YOU PREPARED? #1

OK, so I have been reading a series of books called The Great and Terrible. I'm on book 5 of 6 and it has really got me thinking that I need to be prepared for disaster. Prepared in every way! I need more food storage, water, shelter options, etc..I need to be prepared FINANCIALLY, and SPIRITUALLY. Then I started thinking about all of my family and friends and thought I want them to be PREPARED too. I don't want anyone to have to experience devastation but we have been told forever to prepare for emergencies and now with all of the crazy things going on in the world, I feel an URGENT need to follow the counsel of the PROPHET and get PREPARED! So, for Easter I decided to get my kids and myself a 72 HOUR KIT. It was fun and easy to put together. I am not going to lie, I got most of it from ALL A DOLLAR! SERIOUSLY!!   I want all of you to see what I included in my pack and I IMPLORE you to get one for yourself and for your FAMILY!! Here is what I included and where I purchased the items:

All A Dollar:
Flashlight and Batteries
Work Gloves
Rope
Duct Tape
Ear plugs ( I figure if I have to stay in a shelter with a bunch of crying babies these might come in handy!)
Sewing Kit
Socks
Hand Sanitizer
Blistex
Moist Wipes
Wisp (toothbrush and paste included...6 of these)
Tissue
First Aid Kit
Notebook w/pen
Floss
Comb
Razor
Deoderant
Lotion
Sunscreen
Bobby pins
Hair Bands
Beef Jerky
Gum
Hawiian Punch Single Pouches to put in water
Mirror
Multi-purpose lighter
Cards, games like colored Dominoes for Mexican Train :)
Search Words
Hard Candy

Emergency Essentials:  (There were really cheap!)
Tube Tent
Blanket (Silver kind)
Poncho
Waterproof firesticks
Waterproof Matches
Snaplights (3 yellow, 3 white)
Whistle
Can Opener (50 cents!! The little ones that you can use 2 fingers to open a can)
Toilet Paper

Walmart:
Backpack (I was surprised how nice my backpacks were from Walmart for $15.98!)
Water
Sweats
T-shirt
Dry Shampoo (You don't need water to use this!)
Utility Knife
Mess Kit w/utensils
Head light
Pepto Bismol, anti-Diahrreal pills, Ibuprofin, Stool Softener ( A lady told me that when you don't get enough water in a bad situation your chances of constipation increases ALOT!  Allergy pills
Mask
Hygeine products for Ashley and Mikell :)

Distribution Center:
Garments
Pocket size Book Of Mormon
Ensign (Conference Issue)
Oil Vile for Men to give blessings

It looks like a really long list but once in the stores with my list it went fast and I cannot tell you the RELIEF I feel having FINALLY got them together. I have been putting this off for YEARS! I also bought a 3 days supply of food to put in our packs as well! And, I still have room in my pack because I moved my sweats in my DUFFLE BAG....that will be in another post. But PLEASE don't put off getting PREPARED any longer. I am going to start posting some PREPAREDNESS ideas so you won't get overwhelmed and not do it at all.  This one is a HUGE one but probably the MOST IMPORTANT one besides your WATER...that will be in an upcoming post as well!

I love you all so much!
Suzanne

1 comment:

  1. Now that I actually have a list to go off of, I will be getting mine and Brody's soon. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete