Friday, March 11, 2011

IN MEMORY OF BREWSKI AND LEDOUX

We had the hard decision to make concerning Brewski and Ledoux. Brewski has had cancer for over a year and we know that he probably would not make it through the summer. Ledoux started having seizures and believe it or not, that ended up being a blessing. Ledoux is SO lovey and needy and he cannot stand to be away from Brewski so we knew that when it was time to put one down, we'd put both of them down together so they didn't have to be separated. Well, it came sooner than what he had planned. Ledoux started having seizures every day and he had 3 in one day! It killed me! I knew we had to make the choice to put them down. Ashley was heartbroken to say the least. She immediately left Vegas to come home and spend a few days with them before we put them down. March 2, 2011 was a very sad day! Saying our good-byes was the hardest thing I've ever done! Seeing Ashley totally devasted absolutely killed me! It's amazing how much they had become part of our family. You couldn't have asked for a sweeter dog than Brewski. He was my sweetheart and my protector. Ledoux was our lovey and they both will be missed more than we can say. We found peace in knowing that they were not separated in life, or in death. We know they went to heaven together! We will always love our dogs and we will miss them beyond words! I will miss seeing Brewski sitting on his picnic table resting his head on the balcony of the deck, or sticking his head in my kitchen window when I'm cooking, and I will miss Ledoux always laying his head on my lap, or on my feet. He always had to be touching me! Ashley will miss her cuddlebugs and it won't be the same when she comes home and not having them freak out when she walks in the door, or having to now sleep alone! We couldn't have asked for 2 better dogs! We love Brewski and Ledoux!

No comments:

Post a Comment