Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Feeding Horses is Bad for My Health!

Since my Dad and Mona are cruising in the Carribbean, I am taking over the chores of feeding the animals. I didn't think I'd mind one single bit because they have been SO helpful to me and Ashley by feeding her horse, Lucky, while she is in Las Vegas. So today was my first day of the 2 a day feedings. Let me tell you how my day started...

I woke up at 5:00 a.m. (Because I now have to work at 7:00, 10 hour days)...anyway...after I showered and got ready for work, I drove to my Dad's house and as soon as I got out and proceeded to walk up to the front door I SLIPPED on the ice, and I did the the full ARM FLAILING, FOOT SHUFFLING, trying to keep my BALANCE DANCE and I SUCKED AT IT! I FELL so HARD! I fell so hard I broke my Dad's solar light lamp thingy on the corner of the grass...(Sorry Dad!) that wasn't all...As I tried to get back up (oh my aching back, leg, side, arm, wrist, hand, etc...) I STOOD for about 1 second, before FALLING back down again! Of course I kept looking around to see if someone was video taping this so we could $10,000 on America's Funniest Home Videos, but I couldn't see really well because it was PITCH DARK and the WIND was blowing so hard my HAIR was plastered to the front of my face and I couldn't SEE a single thing! I FINALLY made it to the front door and got in to feed the fish, and then out to feed the cats, and as I proceeded to the BARN the wind began to howl and my once great hair day turned into a nightmare. I looked like I had POOFY 80's hair...oh back to the story...I gave the horse his cup of OATS and then his HAY. That little STINKER! Just as I was putting his hay into his feeder he BLEW HIS LIPS right in front of me (You know the way Steven makes horse noises in the back of my PONY TAILS!) and sprayed hay all over me! My sweater was covered in little bits of hay that I picked out ALL DAY LONG at work. On the way back to the car I had to walk through the snow and my black shoes have a hole in the bottom of them so my SOCKS were DRENCHED for an hour at work.  The good part is that I made it to work on time but it looked like I had been in a tornado and everytime I moved in my chair by ACHING BODY reminded me of how FEEDING HORSES IS BAD FOR MY HEALTH!

1 comment:

  1. I read this the day you posted but I have to tell ya it's still WAY funny!

    ReplyDelete