Sunday, November 10, 2019

ONE DAY IN SAN FRANCISCO

October 29, 2019

Ashley asked if I would fly with her to SAN FRANCISCO for a day. She was selling a puppy to someone and we would meet him at the airport at 8:30 am and our flight back would be at 6pm. We would have the whole day to explore the CITY. We had big plans to RIDE A TROLLEY, eat at SCOMA'S for lunch and later have an ice cream sundae at GHIRADELLI'S and then just ride the HOP ON HOP OFF BUS so we can see the sights and it drives over the GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE and we thought maybe we will just ride it out to SAUSILITO since we have already seen SAN FRANCISCO. Joyce was going to go with us too. She was so excited to eat at SCOMA'S and we were going to have a ton of fun!

Well...none of that happened! The day before we were going to leave, Joyce fell off a ladder and her back hit the corner of her couch and she fractured 3 discs in her back and after the CT found out she had a herniated disc as well. We were SO BUMMED that she couldn't join us! She has had the worst year and she needed this fun day out!

Well, all of our plans kind of fizzled out because me and Ashley were SO EXHAUSTED! I worked late the night before decorating at work for Halloween and we got to bed really late. Then we woke up at 4:30 am! (I woke up at 4 am the day before...I was tired!!)

So we got to the AIRPORT and got on just fine, we met the guy and he picked up the puppy, and we caught our ride to FISHERMAN'S WHARF and we were starving. Neither of us like SEAFOOD but we found a really good place to grab a breakfast sandwich. It totally stuffed us! So much so that we were not hungry at lunch so we cancelled our reservation at SCOMA'S, and we were still full so we didn't get our ice cream sundae at GHIRADELLI'S and we were going to drive out to SAUSILITO but because of the California Wildfires, SAUSILITO was without POWER!

So we got on the HOP ON HOP OFF BUS and we walked up to the top of the bus and we rode that thing all around the town and out to the BRIDGE but we didn't get off one time! Isn't that lame? But we still learned alot about the city. We still had fun being there together but the worst part was...I thought I had charged my phone the night before but when we got to the AIRPORT I found I only had 3% battery...that means NO PICTURES! That upset me so much! How can I be on a little trip with my daughter to SAN FRANCISCO and have no pictures? Any of you that know me, know that is devastating to me! Ashley's camera on her phone is broken so usually the pics are fuzzy and some, once in a while will take a pic but pretty much we were out of luck! Then we took a scary ride back to the AIRPORT and even though we weren't that hungry we agreed we better eat something before the flight so we ate at the airport. Can you believe that? Then we boarded and I immediately fell asleep on Ashley's shoulder when we took our seats. When I was asked by the flight attendant if I wanted a drink I was shocked that I even slept through take off! I ended up sleeping the whole way home!

We did enjoy being with each other and it was fun to get out of Utah and see some different scenery even though we didn't do one thing we planned. Ha! Ha! Thanks Ashley for the fun time. I loved being with you!


 This is where we ate breakfast!
 FISHERMAN'S WHARF:
 PIER 39:
This picture reminds us of Ashley and Lytton's honeymoon in Oregon. A total inside joke!
 It was windy out to the BRIDGE!
 We didn't even get off the bus for a photo...are we pathetic or what?



So long SAN FRANCISCO...next time I'll get off the bus!

No comments:

Post a Comment