Sunday, November 10, 2019

A WALK ON THE WILD SIDE (HALLOWEEN AT WORK)

October 31, 2019

HALLOWEEN is always fun at my work. A lot of hard work goes into each year, especially when it is basically me and Dawna who creates our scenes. Brian has made our focal point up front for the last 3 years and we are grateful for that. But this year I really didn't think it was going to turn out. I was pleasantly surprised when it all came together. I was so thankful that many of my co-workers stayed on Monday night to help us DECORATE.

Halloween came and so did a lot of people from businesses and different offices, family, and friends  to see what we were going to be this year. Usually we put it up the night before and take it down the morning after, right before we open at 8am. This time we had it up for the week and I think we are going to start keeping it up longer because we go through so much hard work it has to be up longer!

This year we did a SAFARI THEME. I asked my brother Steven if he would draw some animals out for me to go on our big mural. He was so upset that I wanted them on black butcher paper because they were going to be silhouettes. He said, "That is kind of stupid, kind of dumb Punky!" He wasn't going to do it because he has never seen a black elephant or black giraffe. I told him I would pay him so I am the boss and this is the job he has to do. It took him a few weeks before he agreed to do it. Dawna and her son in law made the sunset and it all turned out great!

Well, I knew most of our office would dress up as a SAFARI TOUR GUIDE or a TOURIST so we needed a few animals...so Dawna dressed up like a GIRAFFE and I was an ELEPHANT!

Now I am not kidding...these pictures just don't do it justice. It really turned out so cool!

Take a look:
 Do you see Dawna in the back heads above everyone else? Ha! Ha!
 Dawna, Patti and me...this was my most embarrassing costume!

 Do you see our mural on the wall with the sunset. There's the black silhouette animals I had Steven draw.

 Can you believe this jeep? It is built around our copy machine. It looks like wood but it is made from insulation foam boards. Brian made this and it turned out so good!
 Thanks to Waylon we had lots of snakes, and all the other animals were from Ashley! Thank you!!

 We had vines and torches all over the office.


 We made a tent inside the marriage room


 We loved that many of the people in our whole Dept. dressed up not just our office dressed up.
                                                             Kimberley and Amy




 We had wild eyes poking out of the tall grass looking outside.
 We "rented" some of Steven's masks:




 Shairice in our office next door decorated this and holy cow! She is amazing, talented and always goes over the top! I love this! She just has this small area in front of the window. She did an amazing job!
WE LOVE HALLOWEEN AT THE DAVIS COUNTY CLERK'S OFFICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment