Sunday, June 3, 2018

DOLPHINS JUMPING AT NEWPORT BEACH!

May 24, 2018

I went with The Bastian Family on their FAMILY VACATION. We drove to Vegas Wednesday night and spent the night at Bill's house. He made us a great breakfast Thursday morning and then we were off to CALIFORNIA!


We drove straight to our hotel, dropped off our bags and changed into our SWIMMING SUITS and headed for the NEWPORT BEACH.  I'm not going to lie, I was more than a little disappointed when the temperature was 67 degrees, it was overcast and a little breezy. I didn't get my several hours of laying out on the BEACH time that I have dreamed about for months now! But what we witnessed when we got to the BEACH, made it all worth it!

I'm getting ahead of myself...when we first drove to BALBOA PARK we wanted to drive our car on the FERRY and go to the other side of the island. We thought there would be something fun to do over there. But it was just cool homes and pretty much the same thing as we get on the other side. So we drove around a few blocks and got back on the FERRY to go to NEWPORT BEACH.





When we finally got to the beach I was bummed because I thought I heard tons of THUNDER, but as I walked over the sandy hill and started to walk down towards the water I realized the thunder was really the sound of the WAVES crashing on the beach! The riptide was strong and I couldn't believe my eyes when I thought I saw a SHARK FIN!  I was freaking out! But then I saw something jump out of the water, and then another...oh my goodness! It was a ton of DOLPHINS! They were so close to us I couldn't believe it. Like I could seriously have swam out to them, they were that close! They stayed there for a very long time and we saw lots of baby dolphins jumping too! There were lots of birds out there by them too so we were thinking they must have been eating something. This just totally made my day!

 Can you see the dolphin on the right hand side?

 These two are of a bunch of them diving back into the water. I know these photos aren't great cuz I was video taping but it was just incredible!


 This fin is what I first thought was a shark fin but then I saw them jumping out of the water and it is definitely a dolphin fin.

The kids had so much fun playing in the SAND! They loved holding our hands and running away from the cold WATER. I was so happy to be there! The ocean really is my HAPPY PLACE!


 Do you see where those birds are in the background? That's where the dolphins are. Crazy close huh?





















 This girl kept grabbing my neck to pull her in for kisses. She kissed me over and over again. I love this little love bug!


 Remington had fun making SAND ANGELS!

THE PIER:



 We loved watching the surfers!














What a super fun day at the beach on a cool, overcast day!

No comments:

Post a Comment