Saturday, September 24, 2016

PUTTIN' UP PICKLES!

September 16, 2016

I drove out to Riverton to pick up some PICKLING CUKES to make my DILL PICKLES! They are so good and salty my mouth waters just thinking about them. I didn't put up as many as I did last year but enough to get me through the year and a few bottles to share.

They are by far the easiest things to can, but peeling the GARLIC is what takes so blasted long! I did it over at Mom's house because I can't CAN on my stove. I appreciated her helping me. I didn't really take super photos of it but you can get the gist...The next day I got some PEARL ONIONS to put up too. Oh I can't wait for them!!
 This is fuzzy but you can kind of see mom peeling garlic and onions in the back. I always turn my cans upside down after the cold bath to make sure they seal. All of them did!
 I always keep mine until about December. After Christmas I think they should be just perfect to start eating!
We peeled about 3 or 4 large bags of Pearl Onions. I cannot wait to taste these!!

No comments:

Post a Comment