Wednesday, January 1, 2020

MAKING CHRISTMAS CUT OUT COOKIES

December 22, 2019

This has been the weirdest Christmas season for me this year. I think it's because I am not settled into my house. I decided I needed to move in and worry about getting everything out of my storage after Christmas. I needed to do something Christmasy to get me out of the funk I was feeling.

I didn't have the ingredients or the time to make my traditional Cinnamon Icebox Cookies Dough, so I just went to Dick's Market and bought their Sugar Cookie Dough and I pulled out my CHRISTMAS COOKIE CUTTERS and me and the boys had the best time CUTTING OUT COOKIES!

I thought I had all of COOKIE CUTTERS here but I guess some are in storage still. We wanted to bake some RUDOLPH ones but instead, we used a CAMEL and added a RED HOT for the RED NOSE. It looked silly but Briggs was thrilled about it!

I loved spending time with these cute boys doing fun CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS!

 I love that Waylon wanted to wear my Christmas Apron! :)



 Oh yeah, my Rolling Pin is in storage so I had to roll the dough out with a cup. Briggs was so happy to learn how to roll the dough out. He did a great job!
 He is so serious when rolling out the dough. It totally cracked me up.

 Here is a little baking tip: When you roll out cookie dough, use powdered sugar instead of flour. Flour dries out the dough and loses the sweet taste of the dough. Powdered sugar keeps the dough tasting sweet while helping it to not stick!

 When we were done Briggs had a heyday in the powdered sugar!
If you're looking at the background of my house you will see tons of boxes and crap I still have to go through. Don't judge! I'm working on it!! :)


We waited a day before we DECORATED the COOKIES. Briggs was so good at it. I actually think he did a better job than his older brothers! He is only 2 years old but he goes slow and does it correctly. I was so impressed with his work!  Waylon's was so funny but he was so proud of himself and said, "Grandma, that's pretty good for a 5 year old!" I love that kid!
 

 



 The boys did a pretty good job! They loved putting the little candy balls on the trees for ornaments.
 I was so impressed that Briggs would decorate this all on his own.


  Here is Briggs decorating his half-eaten snowman. He is so focused!
 Waylon had a blast decorating his cookies. As you can see he loved eating them too!
What a fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment