Sunday, January 31, 2016

GETTIN' OUR GROOVE ON!

January 23, 2016

I threw a super fun DANCE PARTY at my Dad's house. His big living room was the perfect place to hold it. I brought my DISCO BALL, and I made an awesome playlist of the best SONGS to DANCE to. Not only did I play current DANCE MUSIC, but I played some from the 50's, 60's, 70's of course the 80's (best dance music era of all time!) the 90's to current. It was in the dark but my flash makes it look like the lights were on. The GLOW STICKS AND DISCO BALL gave us some light. Also, it was hard to take pics showing motion. Everyone was dancing the whole time but the still photo's make it look like we weren't really dancing. Trust me! We were!

We watched my Mom and Dad do the JITTERBUG. We all did THE TWIST to TWIST AND SHOUT, we did the HUSTLE to NIGHT FEVER and STAYING ALIVE. We did some LINE DANCING to BOOT SCOOTIN' BOOGIE. Reece danced a few solos to LET IT GO and other Princess music.
 Mom and Dad doing the Jitterbug. I could watch them all night!


The funniest part was when I had the guys, Mona and Jessica put on the HATS I had purchased for our YMCA number! It was hysterical. They were such great sports to wear them, DANCE and SING and can I tell you...ANDY HAS SOME MOVES! He was great!! It was a lot of fun!














                                                         Dad made a good Indian!

I brought out some 80's ACCESSORIES for some TOTALLY AWESOME props. The kids loved playing with those. I had GLOW STICKS, NECKLACES AND BRACELETS too.

Beau is rockin' the 80's glasses!


Then we just DANCED, DANCED, AND DANCED for 2.5 hours!!



 Reece loved entertaining us with her beautiful dance moves to Let It Go!

                                                        Get Down, Boogie Oogie, Oogie!
                                                    Reece loved the 80's accessories!
 This was so funny! I was dancing to Mom on SuperFreak! She's Super Freaky!! Mom died laughing!




                                                Line Dancing or possibly the Hustle
 Paisley would kick her feet the whole time the music was playing. She's going to be a dancer!


                                                        Jessica really getting into it!
 Ashley and Remi taking a break. We had pizza and cookies and lots of drinks cuz we worked up a sweat!
 Sorry this is blurry! Diane and Logan

                                                       They weren't Twerking! Don't worry!

                                                 Diane and Mona slow dancing??
                                                          Play that Funky Music!

Here I was singing to my Mom...I had so much fun!

This was probably my most FUN party I have ever thrown. I was so sad Boston missed it! He loves to DANCE and has some awesome moves! His family had the stomach flu :(

This is something we will definitely being doing again!! I took lots of video and not as many pics, but enough that you'll get the idea of what fun we had!

No comments:

Post a Comment